PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
So I got my tin of C&D's Black Frigate. I kept reading about it so my curiosity got the best of me. After one bowl I can see that it's going into regular rotation. I love it! I also got at in of C&D Corn Cob Pipe. Really good too. Another discovery this week was McClelland's Balkan Beauty. All three are great additions. And all of these after I found University- The Dean. I am on a roll!!!! Thanks for the education I receive on this forum.

Hanging out here can lead to harder things... like the infamous Royal Yacht. We are enablers of the highest order.
That's cool that you liked it. I actually have a tin of the Frigate set aside, but I was waiting for it to get a tad cooler in the evenings. That's when I enjoy a touch a Latakia more, for myself,

Jan 8, 2013
Glad you found some great blends. Every once in a while the blend is as good as the hype. I love Black Frigate. I might try corn cob pipe soon.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Not to be that guy, but after investing in 10 tins of Black Frigate.....it's not for me. It's very good, but not my thing. I know it's a different flavor profile, I'm sticking with Squadron Leader.
So, who wants some Black Frigate?

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
I received my first tin of Black Frigate in the mail yesterday. This is the first tin that I have ever opened between the mailbox and the house out of many tins received in the mail. I am sitting on probably 75 different blends that I have not even tried yet. I smoked two bowls yesterday evening and liked the stuff pretty good!

uneek

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2016
What does it taste like? Once a kid in a B&M shoved a bulk jar of it in my face and I found it rather odd. It was interesting but the jar was strong.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Never fails, someone says they like BF and all the sudden it's "Hi Sailor!" :rofl:
2644969615_74e21b03d2_zpsbonpqstx.jpg

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
This is a blend I'm interested in trying. How does it compare to something like GLP Gaslight?

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Gas light & black frigate are the only two tobaccos that lived up to the hype for me. It's real. Gaslight is a tighter kake/plug with to me a more pronounced oriental and Latakia flavor. No rum topping.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
When I first joined the site some time ago, Black House was the new darling. I bought some, enjoyed it and still have some. Funny how that works.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Welcome aboard matey.
If I have one complaint it is that I wish BF had more latakia. I can barely notice it's there.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I keep reading about this, but am just too worried about the Latakia. Is the Latakia a supporting player or front and center?

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
If you are worried about the Latakia you can try blockade runner it's all Virginia soaked in the same rum and is from C&D who make black frigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.