Oh What to Give the Wife for Christmas.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Another Christmas and I have little or no idea what the wife wants for Christmas. She gives me some ideas, but they are things like sheets or a magazine rack. While these are good ideas, I feel they are a bit common. My wife really has no hobbies or interests, she does like clothes and purses and shoes just like every other woman out there. However, I am looking for the "wow" factor at gift exchange time. Jewelry is always an option, but budgets have kept this option off the table and she is not big wearer of the bling. We recently bought her a new flat screen for the bedroom and that made her happy.
So, what are you guys buying your wives/GF's this Christmas?
-Jason

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Maybe a day at the Spa? It worked for me, but I used it up for our anniversary...
8oz of 1Q? Just throwing ideas out...

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I fixed the thread title for proper capitalization.
I'm posting this for the 3rd time this morning ...
Please read rule #9 here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-read-before-posting-please-1
Jason, I'm going to get you a Shift key for Christmas. :wink:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Jason, I'm going to get you a Shift key for Christmas.
:rofl:
Jason... Im in the same boat haha, I usually go for the Spa certificate and kitchen gadgets... but this I actually got her some certificates to go wine tasting for a weekend (see we both win on that one :D )

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Mine wanted sheets, and a new crock pot.. So I ordered the sheets (1800 count), and a 7 quart programmable crock that comes with a small one for the likes of cheese dip, and a cookbook.. Gave her a trip to the spa for our anniversary... She states she has no idea what to get me, plus her funds are limited. Tried dropping the hint of more baccy for the cellar, or pipe related materials, but so far she thinks I need something else.. Probably going to end up with ties, socks, or lord forbid, a fruit cake...

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I bought my coffee addicted wife a kuerig and now she hasnt slept in weeks! lol

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Dyson vacuum, diamond stud earrings, coat, guitar (she wanted to learn).
^^^^ this is why ihavent bought a pipe or more tobacco lately. ^^^^
I braved some black friday deals and while it looks like a lot, i got some great deals.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
So far I bought my wife a 1950's Royal Typewriter, 2 Ribbons of ink, knit mukluk boots, a scarf, and 5 books of poetry. I plan on getting her cowgirl boots, some aviator sunglasses, a tshirt she wanted, and filling her stocking. The theme for me this year is things she would never buy her self that she ultimately has shown a lot of interest in. It has definitely been harder in years past though so I can relate to your difficulty finding gifts for her. As much as she may want household things I say save that for the random gifting throughout the year and get her things she might want but wouldn't go out of her way to buy herself or things that could make her day to day more enjoyable.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My wife is much like yours Vorhees. For me: three words: Add-A-Link

http://www.acaratandunder.com/add-a-link.html

I bought her a bracelet from these folks about 8 years ago and add a link every Christmas and her birthday and/or wedding anniversary. Now, it's a no-brainer (but those links keep going up in price).

Each link is a couple of really nice pipes, but....Happy wife, happy life....

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My wife wants a circular saw (no joke). But for various reasons, holding off on that one.
No idea what to get my wife. She has many interests, but my biggest problem is that she does the bills - so she sees all CC purchases. This means online buying is out of the question if I want her gift to be a surprise.
I think many wives believe we men don't give any thought to their presents, but it's nice to see I am not the only one who does. :puffy:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife wanted a sleeveless turtlneck sweater, to layer with other sweaters. Cool, once she decide on the style and size, I ordered the colors she wanted. Also quilting tools, and other items she wants.
Life gets much easier once they give up on mindreading and simply tell you what they want.
Winton

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Damn true that Roth I have to visit Victoria's Secret! We just had a baby 3 weeks ago today so my wife needs to feel sexy again, thanks for bringing that up!

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
I was thinking about getting my wife a brand new weed eater,,,just cant decide on what color. :)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
No brainer here. Mrs. Cortez, aka. Shoe Lady, is easy to shop for.

Come to think of it, so am I. :puffy:

Chineserestroomsigns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.