PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Just putting this out there, I know how we don't talk about Vaping and accessories, but this topic touches the piping world:

Peterson's in collaboration with a designer has created a Vape Pipe honoring the Sherlock Holmes Line.

Aaaaand, discuss!

holmes-vaporizer-pipe-1-600x400.jpg

Here's The Link:

Peterson's Site

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I should add that there has been NO indication that Petersons actually has commissioned him to make this pipe, at currently, it is a design by the artist...

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Doesn't surprise me. Stupid Peterson's. So much wasted potential.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Yes, correct, the link in OP is not the Official Peterson's Site. I just titled it that in the script. Once again, there is no indication that Peterson's actually commissioned him to design it...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two possibilities (of many?): As several have suspected, likely it's not Peterson's project, no connection. Second, Peterson slipped a freelancer funds to design and publicize a vape pipe as a weather balloon, to see how it's usual pipe buyers, vape buyers, and anyone else who's interested will react. I vote no connection. There could be other explanations -- a freelancer just bidding for attention trying to use Peterson's name as an attention getter. It's an ugly techy looking thing, especially from the maker of classic traditional pipes. Let's see what, if anything, happens.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Assuming the vaping industry is still profitable with the new regulations, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Dr. Grabow, Savinelli, and even Dunhill vaping accessories. A business does need to chase market opportunities.
I hope I'm wrong though. Please, God, let me be wrong.

Jan 8, 2013
I vape because it got me off and keeps me off the cigarettes. But I'm no fan of the Epipes that are out there, and this is no exception. I prefer to keep my pipes and vape separate. I almost posted this myself about a week ago and then decided I didn't want to dishonor the forums by such a hideous.... thing.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
Ewww, the design is weird. It looks like a tablespoon mesuring cup.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Who cares what Peterson or any other pipe manufacturer may make, as long as they continue to make what we want? Perhaps we have trouble with the notion that our favorite manufacturers might one day make nice things for the vape crowd. Don't want our friends being nice to those people! :puffy:

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I think that if peterson would make a vape pipe, i think they should add the famous siverband and make it into a traditional shape of a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.