PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
It has been a while since I ordered from P&C, but I recently saw their sale on SPC tobacco so I figured I would stock up on some Plum Pudding SR and add a couple that I hadn't had before. I also recalled some mention of RO62 being created for Mr. Ouellette's birthday. So, I put a "slice" of that in my order as well as it was still in stock. I do like his other "kake" tobaccos.
When the order showed up I ended up with a 2oz bag of what is labelled as SPC Mississippi River bulk, but no mention of RO62. What gives? I'm not really even disappointed as I would like to try Mississippi River, just curious if anyone had this issue. Perhaps RO62 is labelled as Mississippi River??? I didn't even know there was a bulk version of SPC tobacco.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I had the same thing happen when I ordered some RO62.
I contacted the customer service and they said that I got the right stuff. Here's the exchange:
My Comment 5/4/2019
Order #: PCXXXXXXX
Hello.
In order #XXXXXXXX, I ordered two units of RO62, item #REX-TB-1000. What I received was two 2 ounce bags of SPC Mississippi River, item # ZZY-TB-1000 . Please help me to get the right product.
Thank you.
Jay
Jay,
Thank you for contacting Pipes and Cigars! We apologize for any unintended confusion. An error was made in creating the SKU for RO62, and an old one was used accidentally. This is only an error in coding, and you did receive the correct blend.
Again, we are sorry for any frustration this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. We’ll be happy to help!
Sincerely,
BXXXX

Customer Service

jay-roger.jpg

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
Jay, thank you for the clarification. I look forward to trying the RO62. What did you think of it?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'll have to smoke some more. I remember enjoying it but haven't had enough to be authoritative.
Now, where did I put it?
jay-roger.jpg

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
Nothing wrong with a mystery box once in a while ;) I've actually had some above and beyond customer service from P&C recently. I'm good with it.
I'm going to try the RO62 tomorrow. I'll report back.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think you guys need to change vendors.
I don't want to start a P&C bash thread. In fact, I often speak kindly of them. BUT, this is the kind of thing that they could totally fix. The issue was identified to them at least two months ago. How hard is it to remove the outdated SKU from the system?
One of those "we are our own worst enemy" situations, from a customer satisfaction perspective.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had good service from PC, but I'd let them know if something was not right with an order. Otherwise, they'll lose business and not know why.

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
I've had good service from them as well. I didn't feel this RO62 order was worth complaining about. I would have been happy with either RO62 or Mississippi River. As the RO62 was kind of a "mystery bag" I was happy with anything. PC really went above and beyond for me recently so I certainly can't complain. They have always been good to me and prompt to address issues.

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
I just now got around to smoking the RO62. A very nice change from the lat heavy stuff I've been smoking. There is a nice sweetness and I pick up a little perique as well. Nice blend :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.