PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
While I agree that Piffyr's photos in the "What Are You Smoking Thread are fantastic... Npod's aren't too shabby either :clap:
I mean.....
PfBspH6.jpg

Damn! 8O

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Thanks Anthony. I’m honored. I think most people here know hat I enjoy communicating through pictures. I try to post a visual representation of the pipe experience because that is how I personally learn. I’m better at communicating through pictures than words. About 85% of my pictures are from my iPhone on purpose because I like to show that even a phone camera can be a great tool for documentation. But lately I’ve been posting some higher resolution artsy pictures with my DSLR. You can tell the difference by the stamp @npod/fas on the later. FAS stands for Fly Art Studio. That’s the name of my small side project, originally set up to photograph macro photography for the fly tying community (fly fishing).

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Who is the maker? Stain high-contrast so well done. There was an egg in artisan pipes on Blue Room Briars , burgundy, finished with an incredible gloss that compares to the magic of this pipe..

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
It's not a competition. It's a club. :wink:
npod's photos are fantastic as are those I've seen from woodsroad. The difference is that those guys appear to actually know what they're doing. I shamelessly steal ideas from both.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Absolutely not a competition. I love (love) seeing pictures of pipes. Any and all pipes. Honestly, I never knew that Facebook had such a big pipe communuty until just a few weeks ago. I almost never used Facebook or social media until recently. Wow, some great pics there and also check out Instagram.
[/quote]Who is the maker?
That is an Alexander Tupitsyn smooth bent bulldog. I mainly collect Castello and Danish pipes, but the Russians are doing fanstastic work and a few have made their way to my heart and home. Tupitsyn has Mad Skillz.

Jan 8, 2013
It's not a competition. It's a club. :wink:
True. I was just poking a little fun, while trying to complement you both. You're both throwing down some great photos on the "What Are You Smoking" thread. And they're a joy to see. :clap:

Beautiful work. I don't go to the "what am I smoking" thread very often... :::cough ever cough::: but, I might have to drop in and see the pics. Heck, pics might attract folks to that thread.
Please excuse me if I already follow any of you, but are you guys on instgram? I can spend all day there relishing in the wonderful photography of pipe collectors on there. And, I sometimes lose track of people's names on here and there. I am cosmicfolklore on there also.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yes Cosmic, you should go that thread - and participate. I love going to that thread and seeing what people are smoking. It's nice to have a thread that isn't complete opinion...:::cough bs cough:::.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'm there, but so seldom I don't even remember my username.
+1, Anthony. Ain't no shade ever on either Neal or piffy. Stellar stuff, both of them.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Greg Pease used to produce a pipe calendar every year. Here's the archive.
PROTIP: Hold down your "CMD" key (command) and touch your "+" key repeatedly to enlarge the pics in increments. ( "-" key to reverse the process )
http://glpease.com/Calendar/

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Please excuse me if I already follow any of you, but are you guys on instgram? I can spend all day there relishing in the wonderful photography of pipe collectors on there. And, I sometimes lose track of people's names on here and there. I am cosmicfolklore on there also.

I'm there. Just gave you a follow. You really won't see much of anything there that you don't see here though. Support your local WAYS thread.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I'm waiting for npod to share photos of how he has used the bondage tape.

I only post those types of pictures on my pay-to-play site. PM me if you want a free access code 8)

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Piffyr’s Christmas pictures were a delight this year.
Makes me want to step up my game. I’m still posting the same ole glaring workbench pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.