Not sure what i like about certain tobaccos.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surenot

Lurker
Jul 5, 2017
These are the tobaccos I have tried:
1. Half and half (The only OTC I could stand after trying all the big names)

2. Peterson Irish flake (Love at first puff)

3. My mixture 965 (Even more love at first puff)

4. Forg Morton cellar (The best thing I have tasted to date)

5. Orlik golden sliced (Almost made me throw up)
I have tins of Nightcap, EMP, and Squadron leader on the way. Someone told me to try penzance but it seems to be sold out everywhere.
I am guessing that I favor English blends. Not sure what to order next. Thoughts?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Definitely look at the following:

Seattle Pipe Club's Mississippi River

Hearth & Home Blackhouse

Hearth & Home Magnum Opus
I would tell you to get McClelland's Yenidje Highlander and 3 Oaks Syrian but it's no longer being made and is hardish to find.

May 4, 2015
Ha. I was about to write the same. I can see not liking a tobacco, but it takes a special one to provoke that reaction. I've certainly not heard it regarding a fairly inoffensive, unflavored Virginia.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I had a similar reaction to Orlik Golden Slices so I sent the rest of the tin to s member who really loves it. He sent me a beautiful Schatt & Morgan pocket knife in return. Made us both happy!
Check out the John Cotton blends.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm with you on Frog Morton Cellar and 965. Half & Half just seemed harsh to me, not flavorful. I liked OGS; I can see finding it too bland, but not overtly bad. Peterson Irish Flake I believe I have in the unopened tins, but it sounds pretty good. There's no accounting for these preferences and aversions. I can't taste Sir Walter Regular, and I live in Raleigh N.C. so you'd think I'd have a vested interest. As long as you can find some you thoroughly enjoy, all's right with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.