Norwoods Pipe Repair Has Another Satisfied Customer

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Pipe Novelist
  • Latest reply from photoman13
  1. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I recently got a huge lot of pipes on ebay, and there was one in the bunch that really caught my eye; it was a very nice shape, had a huge bowl, had thick, chunky briar, and it was one of those pipes that just felt "right" to me. There was only one problem: the bottom of the shank had a pretty gnarly crack in it. Considering how cheap the entire lot was, I figured it was worth the price to send it off and have it fixed. I read zanthals post about having good luck with Norwoods Pipe Repair, so I shipped it off to Floyd. I sent the package out last Wednesday. It arrived in Tennessee on Friday. Saturday night at work I got a phone call from Karen Norwood telling me that my pipe was done and I promptly paid them a total of $19.63 for the nickel band that they slapped on my pipe. Got the pipe back today for a total of 7 days that my pipe was gone. It looks great and Floyd really did a great job with it. He even buffed up the stem for me at no extra charge. Guys, if you need pipe repairs done, you can have complete trust and confidence in Norwood. They are speedy, reasonably priced, and will do a great job. Check out the pipe!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lookin good! I don't own any pipes with a band on them like that. It really adds alot too the look!

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. nightmarejones

nightmarejones

Login to Send PM

That's awesome..One day I hope to be that efficient/good..lol

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It was already a great looking pipe aside from the couple of fills on the side, but I have never been bothered by fills. Like I said, it just felt "right" to me; the right shape, the right weight, the right bowl diameter, and Floyd made it perfect.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. barkar

barkar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

very nice,,,hope it smokes as good as it looks

Keep your stick on the ice!....Barry....
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree. Floyd has worked on several of my pipes and they've always come back looking new. I have a friend who really chews his stems. He sends Floyd a dozen pipes about every other month for new stems.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Speaking of Norwoods, has anyone purchased one of their pipes? They are pretty reasonable and they are in my state.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Speaking of Norwoods, has anyone purchased one of their pipes? They are pretty reasonable and they are in my state.

After you mentioned the fact that he makes pipes, I went on the website to take a look at what he had to offer. I must say that they look damn good and for the price, I would love to own one some day. I would trust that with his knowledge of pipe repair being what it is, I'm sure that he makes a quality product.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah they look pretty swanky. With some good marketing these people could really do well.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   texmexpipe, ssjones, mso489, kcvet67, prndl, retrogasm, buckaroo, zack24, andya27, frozenchurchwarden, brudnic1, pascal, trailboss, beefeater33, cmdrmcbragg, papajoe