PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So I recently got a huge lot of pipes on ebay, and there was one in the bunch that really caught my eye; it was a very nice shape, had a huge bowl, had thick, chunky briar, and it was one of those pipes that just felt "right" to me. There was only one problem: the bottom of the shank had a pretty gnarly crack in it. Considering how cheap the entire lot was, I figured it was worth the price to send it off and have it fixed. I read zanthals post about having good luck with Norwoods Pipe Repair, so I shipped it off to Floyd. I sent the package out last Wednesday. It arrived in Tennessee on Friday. Saturday night at work I got a phone call from Karen Norwood telling me that my pipe was done and I promptly paid them a total of $19.63 for the nickel band that they slapped on my pipe. Got the pipe back today for a total of 7 days that my pipe was gone. It looks great and Floyd really did a great job with it. He even buffed up the stem for me at no extra charge. Guys, if you need pipe repairs done, you can have complete trust and confidence in Norwood. They are speedy, reasonably priced, and will do a great job. Check out the pipe!
DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1090.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Lookin good! I don't own any pipes with a band on them like that. It really adds alot too the look!

Jul 15, 2011
It was already a great looking pipe aside from the couple of fills on the side, but I have never been bothered by fills. Like I said, it just felt "right" to me; the right shape, the right weight, the right bowl diameter, and Floyd made it perfect.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I agree. Floyd has worked on several of my pipes and they've always come back looking new. I have a friend who really chews his stems. He sends Floyd a dozen pipes about every other month for new stems.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Speaking of Norwoods, has anyone purchased one of their pipes? They are pretty reasonable and they are in my state.

Jul 15, 2011
Speaking of Norwoods, has anyone purchased one of their pipes? They are pretty reasonable and they are in my state.
After you mentioned the fact that he makes pipes, I went on the website to take a look at what he had to offer. I must say that they look damn good and for the price, I would love to own one some day. I would trust that with his knowledge of pipe repair being what it is, I'm sure that he makes a quality product.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah they look pretty swanky. With some good marketing these people could really do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.