PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
What happened to Norwood PIpe Repair? I need some pipes worked on and there is no longer a web site and the phone is disconnected.
Ray

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
They are not shut down (so much for internet guessing = truth). They've had an issue with their website, tied somehow into the phone lines too it seems (they suffered something like this a few years ago). Investigations via email are answered. They are alive, obviously none too well if they can't be reached or found by usual channels.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good to hear that news. Their web site has had issues for some time based on my trying to get on several times in the past couple of months.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Early this year I sent off an estate pipe with an oxidized stem for a replacement, and apparently the son did a snappy job of making the requested slightly bent tortoise shell stem, thoughtfully sized, designed and suited to the freehand briar stamped "Thompson" for Thompson Cigar, a house pipe, and "West Germany," a cool historical note. Norwood did a good job on very quick turnaround. I guess the son just wasn't keen on keeping the business going, but he did a good job for me, or his dad pitched in to do so ... I don't know. I'm sorry they're no longer in business.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I just received an email from Norwood Pipes and YES! they are still in business.
'Yes, we are still in business. The man that host our site has disappeared. We are in the process of getting someone else to host it.
Norwoods Pipe Repair

1160 Norwood Ln.

Clifton,TN 38425
(731) 926-1360
Thanks

Kenneth
Sent from my iPhone'

That's great news.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Here is their solution. I know a number of knowledgeable IT pros who use this outfit and recommend them highly. Rock-solid reliable.
Please pass it on:
https://www.lmi.net/services/domain-name-hosting

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hurray! Glad to hear they're still in business. I was right satisfied with my replacement stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.