PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Who: All Pipe Smokers

What: Pipe Conference for Northwest Pipe Smokers

When: Saturday August 31, 2013

Where: Washougal, Washington (east of Vancouver, WA, across from Portland, OR)

Time: 2:00pm to 7:00pm
The second annual Northwest YouTube Pipe Presenter's Conference is coming up soon. Just thought I would send out an invite to any and all pipe smokers in the Northwest that frequent this forum to attend. This year will be held at a local park in Washougal, WA and it will be potluck sytle with BBQ Hamburgers, Hotdogs, etc.
If you are interested in attending please let me know. This is an informal gathering of pipe smokers to get together to sit around and enjoy good conversation, good food and of course pipes!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Wow!!! I am about 4 hours north of there. There used to be a music festival that was held in Washougal called TOMfest that I used to attend. I will mark my calendar and try to make it!!!

pipementor

Lurker
Jun 3, 2013
Poulsbo
I am interested. Might take the motorcycle down from Kitsap County area if the weather is fair. Looks like a nice area. Looking forward to this.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Sounds interesting - if my schedule allows I will think very seriously about attending, although it would be a 3-hour or so drive.
Do you have an address I can plug into my GPS?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Sounds very interesting.

Have to check the car show calendar as this is car show season, and my car club is very active.

If free, what could be better than a picnic in the park with friends and pipes!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@bigboi - TOMfest has been held in the neighboring town of Camas, WA for the past 6-7 years that I know of, and seems to be a very popular event. The Church Camp that it's held at every year has people from all over that camp out all week. I've never been, but it sounds like a cool event.
@4dot - The park takes up several city blocks and has a lower and an upper park with the lower park being along the Washougal River. Hathaway Park is just north of Hathaway Elementary School. It's between 24th St and 28th St and runs along G St and H St. If you plug in 25th St. and H St. that will put you at the main area giving you access to the upper and lower portions. We will be in the upper area.
Recent YT video discussing the latest updates for the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAZb0na2q4
My YT Channel which will have more updates to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/metalheadYcigarguy
It would be very nice to meet up with others from the forum, so if you are able to attend that would be great!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I going to my best friend's retirement party that night. Wish he was a pipe smoker and we'd skip the party to attend.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I will try to be there. It shouldn't be too hard, but it is too late for me to think coherently about my schedule ha ha.
I will mention it at the Seattle Pipe Club meeting next week as well.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
We may be going to the coast with some of the in-laws for the weekend. If not, I'll be there. I'll know after this weekend what the plan is.
-Sean

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@seanavan - Not sure how well you get along with your in-laws, but I'm guessing that hanging out at the pipe conference would be more fun then hanging out with the in-laws. LOL Hope to see you there.

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
@metalheadycigarguy: Looks like I'll be there. Better half is going to do a day trip to the coast that day to visit with family. Is this a 'bring your own meat to grill and something to share' kinda thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.