PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I think I may have stumbled on a love of Northern European pipe styles now. I picked up a brand new BigBen Barbados made in Holland and an estate Danske Club Natural (Stanwell Sub-brand) last week and I love the lines of these pipes. Most of my pipes until now have been traditional shapes where these two have a more graceful, fluid shape to them. It doesn't hurt that they both are great smokers too.

B3F92C28-31A7-485B-B519-0F0A7585BDCA_zpss2imkfvx.jpg

keywinder

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
Hi folks....just setting up my account and wondered if my avatar shows up. I don't see it on my own computer but it seems to be all set up. thanks

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Like you, Blue, I have mostly traditional shapes in my collection and some of the more off the wall freehands make me nervous. But I am starting to be drawn to more fluid lines, particularly by Danish carvers. I have a Benner 'pearl' that I just love. Congrats on the new acquisitions. They are both very nice indeed. Happy puffing.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey Blue, let me know how that Big Ben smokes, I've been looking at that line as well and am curious before I pull the trigger.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I love the stem work on those two beauties, congrats on two stunning acquisitions. Enjoy them well!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I've been looking at that line as well and am curious before I pull the trigger.
The Big Ben smokes like a dream! I tend to puff a little hard and it still manages to stay warm without getting hot. Perfect size for clenching, I hardly notice it there while holding a good amount of tobacco in its bowl. It is very fast becoming one of my favorites and I am currently looking for the Barbados Scorpio which is same design only in black. That way I can have one on the go while resting the other.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the tip Blue, now just to figure out what to do......the Tinsky Christmas Poker or the Big Ben. Or perhaps both???

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
If you can afford it go for both!! If you don't like the Ben then just give me a shout and I'll buy it from you. My local B+M only has the PIPO for Big Bens. I'm not sure if Bens are going to start becoming scarce or not as I've heard they have gone bankrupt. Which Ben are you looking at getting?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Its funny at the last pipe night at the local shop, the Brigham rep came out and they are now distributing Big Ben for Canada. They just launched a whole line of new pipes so I'd be surprised if they're hurting already. That was just 2 months ago. I'm looking at this one:
http://assets.smokingpipes.com/images/products-hr/002-597-0051.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
What would you call that? A Danish Bulldog? Looks sweet. I have to say that I like the ability to add a filter for the morning "less harsh" smoke and remove it for the afternoon kicking the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.