PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I have purchased my first artisan pipe. It is a Northern Briars Oriental.

oriental-1-600x450.jpg

I really like panel pipes and like exotic things too. I am very pleased. I really liked it when I ordered it but now that I have it in hand it is amazing. I have smoked 2 bowls of Samovar. I mean no disrespect to the other pipes in my small collection, but these were the greatest smokes so far in my very brief pipe smoking career.

oriental-2-450x600.jpg

The color seems to have darkened after the first smoke. It this my imagination? Or is this a phenomenon that other have seen?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That there is a nice looking, thick walled smoker. I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

Glad it smokes so good for you! I can see why you were attracted. That is a manly looking bent that will impress anyone who sees it. It looks like it would be comfortable too.

I've seen pictures of this type by him. I love both of my Northern Briars. Great pipes, stocky in the hand, and great smokers. I know you'll enjoy this. Congrats!! It sort of reminds me of one of the pipes in the pub at the beginning of one of the Hobbit movies. I think it was a dwarf's pipe, maybe.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
My Northern Briars are my favorite pipes. I do not have an Oriental style, but you have got me pining for one!

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
Very nice! I own 4 Northern Briar pipes myself and they are all great smokers.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Very nice pipe you have acquired. Ian Walker makes fine smoking pipes for a very decent price. He's a gem of a man as well. Enjoy it in good health.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
At first glance my impression was kind of, meh, another panel. After closer examination it really started to pop! It's very unique and those thick walls are just beautiful. You've done well with that purchase and to hear your impression of the inaugural smoke makes it an heirloom keeper. Congrats on a sweet and very original pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.