PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
How about this one? Worth going to? Trying to get around as much as possible to absorb the pipe culture. Plus it is close to Louisville, KY which means less driving time, and gas money. Leaving more to spend on pipe stuff...yah!

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
If you are referencing the NASPC show held each August in Columbus, then I would recommend it. I have been attending for the last 10 years or so, and it's a great day spent. Like most shows, they no longer are able to permit smoking in the show itself, but arrangements are made to smoke in the pool/patio area. The location is changing this year, so I'm not precisly sure what that looks like for 2012. This show is usually well attended by North American carvers and provides an opportunity to pick up some very limited edition show tobaccos which are prepared and tinned by G.L. Pease. The show is easily covered in a day - more likely a half day. The club sponsors hourly ticket raffles for some really good prizes which keeps it interesting. I'm thinking about hosting a PM members meet-up at the show this year as this is pretty much my "home show". Hope to see you there!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I've never been to a show and plan on attending this August to absorb some pipe culture as garage says :) A PM member meet up will be cool. I'll be there!

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Gonna make a point to go!

Would be nice to see you guys there! I really like that PM idea of yours stogie.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
I was thinking about going and maybe even having a small table setup. Not sure about the table yet, but I will definitely go and would be interested in the PM member meet up for sure.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm just glad the're trying a new location. The old place has been going WAY downhill.

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
The way I read the info was that smoking would be allowed at the show or maybe actually in the show. Cross your tampers and lets hope.

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
Oops, sorry Jud. Forgot to answer your question. Yes in Dublin, OH on the 25th of August.

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
Another oops! Sorry, I confused the Richmond show, which allows smoking with the Ohio one. But maybe they will too. Tobacco pipe events/shows with no smoking....I just don't get it. How about Xmas without....hmmmmmm.

pipemama

Lurker
May 8, 2012
The NASPC show is always a good show with major Tobacco and Carvers all over the place. Ohio is a NON-Smoking state, and the club usually arranges for an outside area with tables and chairs for sit-down smokes with friends. I haven't been by the new place yet, but other friends have, and gave it raves!!! A nice area of Columbus with lots to do in that area. It would be nice to meet up with other PM members, spend a little time putting faces to names. The hubby and I will be there on Saturday, hope to meet some of you.

pipemama

Lurker
May 8, 2012
How will be know each other? I hope they have the message board up and running so members and guests can see where activities are going on.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Hey pipemama, I will have a table setup at the show, at least for a little while. I would love for any members who are going to the show to come and introduce themselves and have a chat! This online community is awesome and it would be very cool to have a smoke and a drink with anyone willing to do so!

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Hey Briarbird, as we get a little closer to the show, I'll get in touch with you. Maybe we will direct the meet-up to your table??? Just a thought. We can talk offline about it in early August. I have ideas... 8)

adam12

May 16, 2011
I agree with Big Van. The old place was... how shall I say this diplomatically... interesting.
The new place, on the other hand, is supposed to be phenomenal. It is close to the water park which means PIPE OUTING

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I'm planning on attending,would love to meet up with some of you folks for bowl& and a brew!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.