PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I had just purchased a Valhalla and wasn't going to buy another pipe for a while. Then I saw this on the auction site, and decided to bid. Original owner said he purchased in around 12 years ago. It arrived unsmoked. I thought about not smoking it - for around three seconds.
As I had to go out of town after the pipe arrived, I had to wait around a week to smoke it.
And it smokes like a Nording, which is a very good thing.
And the stem is a good bit beefier than those on my more contemporary Nordings.
Should break in nicely.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nording gives you a nice handful of pipe, with walls on the bowl thick enough to keep the smoke cool. My one

freehand happens to be a Johs, since I favor his designs, but Nording does handsome, sturdy pipes.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great looking burner, Andy. I'm sure it smokes like a champ. Nording pipes are warhorses.
You might take a look at a Danish brand that has somewhat fallen out of favor. Specifically, start a search for the Danish made Ben Wades. They were produced when the Wade name was owned by Preben Holm. Holm designed many of the pipes and also employed many of today's leading Danish carvers.
A lot of those Danish BWs can be hauled in for well less than a forty dollar bill.
Fnord

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Fnord - thanks for the tip. I've seen a number of BWs available. Good to know they are top notch pipes. And you're right, they are a very good deal.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Freehand is one thing my collection doesn't have. Being a filtered pipe smoker I can't find many filtered freehands, which sucks because I love the shape.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice, Andy. Nordings are as reliable as they get. Re the Holm Ben Wades; I have 2 from the 1970's and they are great pipes. If you get e chance to grab one I think you'd be very happy. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.