PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
As many of you know I had some pipes stolen earlier this year. The response from the brothers on the forum was amazing and I received many beautiful pipes to help me rebuild and recover from my loss. One of the pipes that I lost was a Nording Bear which had been gifted to me by Bradley aka The Old Cajun. I hadn't had it very long. I had seen a Bear a couple of years before at the Briary and it was a pipe that I loved at first sight and feel, Bradley knew this, had one and sent it to me. When it was stolen I was very upset as you can imagine and I actually searched the web looking for another, but I only found 2 both in Denmark. And those quickly sold before I had the chance to order one. Then one day Bradley contacts me and asks me if I'm home. I wasn't. He said I should get home quick and check the mail. When I opened the box I found a cylindrical box and upon opening discovered a brand new Nording Bear which he ordered just for me from Denmark. It was a kingly gift. What a thoughtful friend. It is my favorite pipe and gets smoked more than any of my other pipes. The hunter series come with a drawing of the pipe and the animal they represent. Stateside ones are in English, but mine is in Dutch. I finally got around to framing it and I included the stamps from the package. Here are a couple of pics and the pipe. Thank you again my friend!!!

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
What a great, heart warming story. As an auditor of taxes, I generally only see the schemes and lies that humans can concoct. It truly jades one's opinion about human nature. I have to consistently remind myself that the people that I meet for business are not an accurate portrayal of most people. It's this forum that substatiates that there are definately still outstanding people in our Society. Especially pipe smokers.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
No booties, maybe I should have asked for a pipe sock. Seriously though, it is an awesome thing. I love the pipe art Nording includes. It is just a photocopy, but the hunter drawings show the quality and care Nording has for his company and his customers. I like that mine is in Dutch, just makes it cooler. Bradley had it sent to him first and he repacked it with the stamps and all figuring I would want to see that. He was right as you can see. And the pipe, it is a flake smoking machine. When I first saw one is was at the Eric Nording event at the Briary in Birmingham. I must have picked it up 10 times, but just didn't have the funds. It feels good in the hand and the shape and bit make for a good hanger.

Jan 8, 2013
These are the kind of stories that keep me coming back here :) I love my Nordings but have yet to get a hunter series pipe. I didn't know they came with a picture as well! Now I want one even more! Lol
Bradley you did a wonderful thing. Shaintiques... enjoy the heck out that pipe and artwork.

retrogasm

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2014
That's some amazing friends you have, congratulations!
PS: The writing is in danish, not dutch, same as the stamps. Nording is a danish pipe maker after all.
Text:

The hunting pipe 2011
Brown Bear (ursus arctos)
The brown bear is the most common species of bear, spread out over large undisturbed forest- and mountain areas in North America, northern Europe and Asia.
The color of the fur is mostly dark brown but can vary from light brown to black. A large male can weigh as much as 1000kg.
The Hunting Pipe 2011 - The Brown Bear, is [word I don't recognize], round and stylish - hold the pipe in your hand, it speaks for itself.
Erik Nording
DS

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Cool thanks for posting. Good to know. And I didn't realize there is a difference between Danish and Dutch, learn something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.