PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Woke up this morning to an inch of ice. Boss sends me a text saying hold off on making the commute for a bit. So, I go smoke my second bowl of Dunhill Flake, finish up, and see another text saying there's no work today. Looks like I'll be spending most of the day smoking, and re-reading a book I almost finished last year. Smoking Capstan Blue for my third bowl of the day. Next up will be Brigade Campaign Dark Flake. The book is called "We, the Drowned" by Carsten Jensen. It's a Danish sea-faring novel about a man named Laurids Madsen, who is blown off of his ship during a vicious battle against "the German", lands in Heaven, and is mooned by Saint Peter, before falling back to Earth and landing on his feet.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week off just to sit and revisit some of my favorite blends. Just me and a porch swing and a good book with nothing but time to kill. Enjoy, this time off it makes me look forward to being an old codger and just sitting on my boat fishing while I've got some Gaslight or MM965 filling the air.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I'm off work today too, but since it's my daughter's 1st birthday and the grandparents are in town, probably no smoke for me.
I'm jealous of your "snow day" Jerod! Sounds like heaven!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I was cancelled from work today avoiding my 8th day straight. I have a pipes and cigars delivery waiting for me so I will be busy.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I guess I find myself lucky in that regard. I have the ability to smoke at work, yet my work takes me all over the world. At least there's always some benefit...and thanks to my PAD/TAD there is always a UPS package waiting at home:) but I would love a whole day to read a book and put some time into some of my favorite blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.