PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Back in January of this year I exchanged e-mail messages with Mr. Ronni Bikacsan of NightOwl Pipeworks in Nashville, Tennessee concerning the possibilty of having him make a replacement stem for an estate Sasini Four Dot Natural Regent pipe. He informed me that he was not currently accepting any new repairs, but that he would begin to do so in February.
Today I attempted to visit his Website (www.NightOwlPipeworks.com) to re-read information which I had seen there in January regarding his method of internally repairing cracked shanks, but found that the Web address is no longer valid. Further, a Yahoo search turned up no other working links for him.
Does anyone here on the Forums know if Mr. Bikacsan gone out of business? Please let me know, as his craftsmanship came highly recommended, and it would be a shame if he is no longer working.

ronnib

Lurker
Jun 15, 2015
Rumors of my demise or progressive insanity are greatly exaggerated. I, Ronni B, also known by other appellations on bathroom walls, am not taking in any work at this time. My so-called shop has gotten out of hand and I will be reclaiming it during the summer and (if necessary) fall. I will post my re-emergence on this forum whenever that time occurs. One thing I can and will say for that fateful day is that I will no longer offer refurbishment services. Prearranged repairs only. Any packages sent to me without prior communication will be returned at the senders expense. Yes, I've become a cranky old fart, and I can live with it. :puffy:

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
. Any packages sent to me without prior communication will be returned at the senders expense. Yes, I've become a cranky old fart, and I can live with it.
That ain't cranky, that is just setting some boundaries. Good on you :lol:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Glad to see you are still around. The stem you made for my Dunhill is great. Was worth the wait.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I like that cranky old fart part
Except he's pretty much anything but. Ready laugh, quick wit, lots of entertaining stories, and surprisingly sensitive. Ronni in the real world bears little resemblance to the mental image some people have of him. He just doesn't have much patience with fools or people who try to deliberately annoy others.
I find it refreshing. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.