PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Figured I'd start a thread to discuss the NHL regular season now that it's under way.
Leafs took down the Habs 4-3. George Parros landed face first on the ice after losing his balance in his second tussle of the game with Colton Orr, he was taken off the ice on a stretcher and taken to a hospital. Hope he's alright.
Chicago took down the Caps 6-4 in an entertaining game. Ovie had a goal and an assist, Grabovski notched his first career hat trick and got an assist as well. Crawford's glove looked shaky still, but he and the Hawks got the W on a late 3rd period goal by Johnny Hockey (Oduya).
Right now the Oilers lead the Jets 4-3 at the end of 2 in Rexall Place. Hopefully the fire alarm quits going off lol.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Stop me if you heard this one about the CAPS. We can score goals and the D is terrible. I did like our new PP style though. Way more aggressive.
I almost wish they would make an opening day boxing match between whome ever wants to fight between the Leafs and Canadians. Its going to turn into that anyways.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
The ice in Montreal claims another victim. Seriously, how many KO's is that in that arena?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
After a stirring one game performance, I'm calling it. Leafs go all the way this year. First cup hoisted in victory in Toronto in my lifetime. Book it.
In other news... What the hell was in my coffee this morning?
Happy Wednesday, people.
-- Pat

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Excited for the Leafs victory. Hoping Parros will be okay. Wouldn't wish that kind of injury to anybody.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been a big Ovie fan ever since he came into the league. Glad to see he had a decent night last night with a goal and an assist. He's on pace for a 164pt season lol. Grabbers is on pace for 328pts lol.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My Bruins are set for another run at the cup, they fell short last year due to a key injury to our 4th line center, hopefully they will stay healthy.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
After last night, we're missing a bet. Coach -vs- Coach. I caught just the tail end of the video and was too tired to see the teams involved, but the only thing stopping a brawl between the coaches was the plexiglass panel.
I miss Harold.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Bruins are up 2-1. Should be 3-1. Not playing at the level I'd like to see as a fan, but it is only game one. Loved Iggy sticking up for himself, even though it was a clean hit. Good to see the third line playing solid. Can't think of a crazier way to start the season scoring off than by a short handed penalty shot goal. Lurch or Looch or Lucic whatever you want to call him he's my favorite player, so very happy to see him get his first of the year to put us up. GO BRUINS! DON'T POKE THE BEAR!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Caps got the win in a shoot out tonight off of Ovie's shot. He had two goals and an assist. I believe he's up to 3 goals and 5 assists in two games.
Boston got the first win of the season tonight. Can't believe Kelly scored on a penalty shot short handed. They looked pretty good in the third period. Looked a lot more like mid-season form.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
One game in and I am feeling pretty good about my Wings this year, the PP last night looked great no goals but they put on a clinic with their passes.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I wish Holby or Neuvy would step up and take the starting goal tender spot. They did at least did them selves back out of the hole. Ovie is looking like his 2009 self.
Pens just went right back to work. Fleury goes out and puts up an egg.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
He can't handle the pressure when it comes down to it. It seems like he starts over thinking it. His mechanics get sloppy as the season goes on becuase the games start count for more. Thats why when they were cruising into the playoffs he never had a problem.
Its sad because hes the only Pen I like. I grew up watching Olie the goalie, and I love to see these guys stand on their head.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
He's become the Eastern Conference version of Roberto Luongo. It's gotta be a mental thing. He played stellar when they won the Cup in '09. There was a good amount of pressure on him then, because they'd been to the Finals the year before against the same team and lost. For his sake I hope he figures it out. I hate the Pens, but he seems like a good guy off the ice.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Not the best of games for Alfie, losing 6-1 to his old team.
What is up with John Scott? First he attacks Phil Kessel for absolutely no reason in a PRESEASON game and now he tries to take Loui Eriksson's head off with an elbow? I hope that goon gets at least a ten game suspension. A player like him has no place in the NHL. He's not like Thornton or Lucic who actually contribute to the offense as well as play a physical role and drop the mitts from time to time. I have agree with the other analyst for NBCSN, I think some of the responsibility should land on Ryan Rolston's shoulders for putting him out there to stir stuff up in a game that was pretty much lost already.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
My Avs are KILLING it right now. 8-1, only losing to the Wings. Season is going very well so far. Hope it stays that way for Patrick Roy and the Avalanche.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm very pleased with the Sens performance last night. They needed a good win, and to trounce Alfie's team was a best case scenario. I still don't trust them, they've been real erratic so far, but I'll take the two points.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sens have looked pretty good so far. Ryan looks like a great fit there. The Sens are probably my favorite Canadian team. Hope they do well and go far in the playoffs. Of course not as far as my Bruins though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.