PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
A while back Chris sent me a great package full of samplers and tins and a fantatic Peterson. Now I have worked my way down to a bowl or two on all my open samples he sent. So my question is which tin do I open first? I'm saving the FVF for a long time and have a fee bulk flakes from the b&m.

I have the following tins:

SG Squadron Leader

MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired

Escudo

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

Then I have some tins of Sutliffe tobacco I purchase or received from them as a sample

CD Blend

French Quarter
My plan is to smoke through a whole tin to get a good feel for the blend. So my question is which one should I pop first. Should I leave all the non Sutliffe tins to age more most have 3-6months on them. Help me out some! Thanks guys and gals!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I have always wanted to try Escudo so if it was me I would try it. I haven't had any of the others except for french quarter. Love the name but didn't care for the blend. I have a tin of squadron leader but have yet to crack it.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I think that theyre all awesome. My top three would be Old Dark Fired,EMP then Escudo. Aside from that I would draw lots on them. Enjoy the smokes.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd smoke one of these (Squadron Leader or MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired), and if you smoke more than a bowl or two a day I go ahead open the EMP up for morning or in between smokes, just to break things up a little. Out of you have to choose from Escudo is my favorite and it only gets better with age.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Based on the difficulty with which some of these tins are procured and the aging benefits I decided to leave all the good tins and popped the Suttliffe CD Blend. Definitely an interesting smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.