PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rat32

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2018
tx
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.Been at it for about 6 mo. now, and mostly have smoked the OTC stuff, Sir Walter Raleigh, Prince Albert and Captain Black. Looking to expand my horizons a bit, so any feed back would be greatly appreciated. SRW out the ones I have smoked, seems to be the best, looking for more of a advanced taste. Thanks

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of recommendations on tobaccos. I did the same as you by trying several OTC toabaccos but my first aha moment for a really enjoyable smoke was Orlik Golden Sliced. That was me, you might not like it. I'd just start by grabbing a little of several different things and discover what you like.

rat32

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2018
tx
[quoteBlack Frigate!!

I am such a bad influence. :mrgreen:
A good way to start is to buy an ounce or two of bulk blends to find out what you like.][/quote]
My plan exactly

Nov 21, 2016
Lots of good options out there..

Might start trying some tins of different blends from Seattle pipe club,

All of there blends have solid following and usually consistent.

Maybe target a few English, a few burleys, straight Virgina’s etc.

It will help narrow your tastes for the next few months as you refine your “technique”.

As many would suggest, if you don’t like a specific tobacco after a few bowls then jar it

tightly and revisit in a month or two.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There is literally hundreds of blends out there, and to narrow it down you need to focus on what you like and go from there. There is a good tobacco selector tool on, smokingpipes.com (?) that might help you out in that regard.
But to repeat what chasingembers has said, but a few single ounces (if you can) and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.