PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Well I am very new to the pipe so much so that i am still developing my palate.Although i am not the best packer and i tend to smoke way to fast i really enjoy smoking my pipe.My mother has been in ICU for a week and they can find nothing to explain why she is so sick.Ihave spent our upon hour on the roae and in the waiting room or in her room st her side in prayer.I am emoitionally and physically exhausted.When i get home late at night I am so exhausted that I can barely stand yet I find myself finding my cob and packing a small bowl of Halflings Leaf and sitting on the porch swing for a short time and taking time to just be.I find it so relaxing and centering that I dont believe I would be doing as well as I am if not for my escape in the smoke with my trustee cob.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sorry for your family worries. If a bowl makes you feel more relaxed and focused then good for you. I fully understand what you're going through so seek solace where and when you can.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
If I haven't already said it, welcome to the forums. Hope all works out for thebest for your mother. Its rough seeing your mom in that condition.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I spend at least half an hour a night on here.It is so nice to be apart of this site.Everytime i read i find some encouraging words or helping hands.I am a FreeMason and a Knight Templar and the brotherhood of the pipe seems to be just as close and charitable as my other brotherhoods Kudos to the Brotherhood of the Pipe!

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Man, 6 months ago would I have never thought that pipe smokers would be so open and nice. I'm going to dedicate this bowl of Grecian, to you and your mom.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
sorry to hear what's going on. People here are very friendly and if you have questions do ask.

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Welcome, Ravenwolfe. I hope things turn out for the better.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Welcome aboard and my prayers are going out for you and your mother.

After reading your story, you are further along in your pipe smoking experience the you realize.
You seem to "get it" about the benefit of pipe smoking.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.This forum has help occupy my mind and what i have learned and tried to learn as relaxed me enough that I can sleep at night.This forum has been a great place to get away to.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Sorry to hear about your mother, prayers for you and your mother in this matter... Welcome to the forum.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I, too, extend my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I find that pipe smoking clears my head and allows me think clearly, in a relaxing way.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Welcome to the site. I am sorrowed to read of the sad times that are upon you and your family. I hope everything works out for ya.

Smoke up you will get the packing lighting and smoking thing in time.

ruraldean

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
I do all my real thinking with a pipe. Sorry that you've found out the hard way. Throw yourself into the forum too - they're a great bunch and many of us have been where you are now.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Hail good fellow well met. Take comfort and solace in your pipe and your friends. Best wishes to you and all you hold dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.