PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Well as a newbie to this great pipe smoking adventure I went to my first Pipe Show/swap/sale etc. today. I was early as anticipation was driving me faster down the road then normal. I walk in the door and the first table has Santa Claus, well not really, but Russ Ouellette from Hearth and Home was there giving out FREE samples of his blends. As it was early I had the opportunity to talk with him a moment. Later his table became the busiest one in the room. AHHH free tobacco. As I roamed the room drooling over pipes and apologizing for leaving a trail. So much gorgeous wood, so little in my checking account. I broke down and had to buy a Peterson's. It was calling from a box of orphans and I'm told you gotta have a Peterson's. Nice little Kildare for $20, so now I can say I own a Peterson, also got one of my favorites a Preben Holm hand cut and a bunch of Kaywoodie pipes to practice my buffing on. All in all a great Saturday.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
There are a bunch of great Hearth & Home blends. Did you try any yet?
Larry's blend is an amazing Latakia that you can smoke bowl after bowl of.
Congrats on the Peterson.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I got a sample pack last month that had Sunjammer, Armada, Sunzabitches, AJ'sVaPer and something for the wife... Egg Nog and Berry Nice. I liked them all. Russ suggested Ambassador's Blend so I puffed that on the very contented, and much slower, drive home. I like this guy's stuff. I'll have to put some Larry's Blend in my next purchase.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
sounds like a great time. pipes will call your name even over a computer screen. lol

wish we had a pipe show around here. :)

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I was going to go to that show, and got invited to a fantastic Christmas Party with Papipe (John). Needless to say I went for the holiday cheer and beer, A side note though, John is a pretty good guitarist.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Pictures! Pictures! We need Pictures!
Sounds like you had a great time.
Duncan.... no pics of smiley faces on knee caps please.

:D

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
sounds like A great day, nice to have one of those now and then

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
img_1519-600x450.jpg

[Fixed Photo - Bob]

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/1701/img_1521-600x450.jpg
Thanks for the help Bob. I've got the size better, but how do I get them to just "be there" without going thru a link?

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
Are there any more pipes show coming up this year? Because these pipe shows looks really awesome to attend

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
The New York Pipe Show, in Newark,NJ, seems to be in March and Dec. If you are coming from Scranton it probably is a couple hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.