PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jphalabuk

Lurker
Sep 30, 2015
No question, but just want to introduce myself:
New pipe smoker. I lurked here on the forum for a while, then i went and got myself a cheap-ish briar pipe (it says Capri on the stem and cost me all of $15 at my local smoke shop).

I started with Lane 1Q, and i kinda love it. Also tried Peterson's Sunset Breeze, and love it even more.
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the good info here. Recent divorcee, i live alone, my evening pupe on the balcony has become a nice relaxing ritual.
Thanks again.

Jun 4, 2014
Welcome to the forum! You will find there is a wealth of knowledge about pipes and tobaccos here. But, beware you may experience the urge to purchase pipes and tobacco as a result of reading the forum.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Welcome to you sir.

Sorry for your recent divorce. It's an unhappy moment that most of us have to go through with, weirdly.

Bless me, I haven't been through that myself yet, only a year and a half in. Let's give it a few more years, it might befall me too.
Smoking pipe involved ?
Now, however, all the money you're going to spend on pipes and tobaccos because this great website compels you to, nobody is going to complain about it ...
Always see the upside ;-)
That was a joke, keep up in this tough time !

jphalabuk

Lurker
Sep 30, 2015
I appreciate the humor! Nope, pipe was not relevant to the divorce.
I love the warm welcome. Thanks to all!
Cheers!

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Although most of us are probably not divorced, many of us have had run-ins with our significant others because of or in spite of pipe smoking (and the crap that we purchase as a result). At least now you have time to enjoy, unimpeded, the virtual Brotherhood of the Briar. Welcome aboard!

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Welcome to the forums. Brotherhood of the briar... That is rad I feel like I'm part of the free masons

Mar 1, 2014
my evening pupe on the balcony has become a nice relaxing ritual.
This is my favorite typo: http://smokingpies.com/
Back on topic: Sometimes I wish I was alone. I really can't even enjoy my tobacco without worrying about people (parents of all people) getting upset from the smell.

Unfortunately when I was younger people filled me with hopes and dreams instead of telling me that I needed money to survive.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I am very sorry to hear about your divorce. It happens. I hope you enjoyed some good times with your ex.
Now, smoking outside can be nice, but living alone, I'd take advantage of smoking inside. Turn on the ballgame, pour a drink, and smoke the foulest smelling concoction you can find. A presidente, solomon or churchill sized cigar. A custom blend of Latakia and Fire-Cured. Try to enjoy the freedom of making your home your castle. Assuming you don't have a lease issue that prevents it.
Just make sure out air it out and hit it with the febreeze if you have any company you're trying to get some play out of. Hehehe
Take care, and stay up, my friend!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome mate. A newbie here as well. My first pipe also cost $15, it was a cherrywood or cheap briar I guess, unfortunately couldn't make it :) Enjoy your pipe.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I haven't been married as of yet, but look forward to my first divorce... assuming, of course, that my ex doesn't get my pipes in the settlements just to spite me. Having that contemplative evening smoke outdoors, spent thinking about the day you had and what tomorrow holds... taking a calm moment to curse the woman who said she loved you and then took your stuff, kicking your as as she shoved you out the door. Good times I'm looking forward to.

Welcome to the party!

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
Welcome! Good decision starting with a cheap pipe. As you get more experienced, you can start getting PAD. :P

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Welcome!!! a Pipe is a great friend, and a healer during divorce...also SOMETIMES the curves on a good pipe can sure beat the curves of a woman :P

Status
Not open for further replies.