PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What a story! I was once one of a dozen folks who got stalked, harassed and slandered on usenet as we were the ones standing up to a bully who picked on newcomers especially. (Back in the days usenet got plenty of newcomers.) Ugly.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Our Moderators are some of the best out there. Thoughtful and considerate but firm in enforcing the standards. Not an easy job but one that is done well here.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have been on more fora than I can remember. I have been booted for more than most people join. The mods here are almost non existent, which is how I like them.
And the mods on the Chicago Fishing forum are whiney little......... well.... you know.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
which is how I like them
Governing best by governing least is generally the best policy. I like it here: congenial atmosphere, very tolerant of a wide range of views, and no cloying in-group feeling. Also: generous, kind and thoughtful users.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, hat's off to all the Mods. And the members are, with few exceptions, exactly what DM says. We even tolerate over the top pummeling of the group with a specific blend! :twisted:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
"Governing best by governing least is generally the best policy." sayeth deathmetal and verily I believe he speaks the truth.
I just wish those lying, cheating, money-grabbing politicians would listen to the populace and govern us less.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Moderators make online communities possible. There's so much venting and dysfunction and downright madness online, moderators impart what sanity there is. Too bad that's true. Manners and civility are no longer a given but an astonishing rarity. I guess the human animal has a long way to go in its evolution. Where does all this misguided negative energy come from? Perhaps it comes from our no longer hunting and farming, that captured and shaped dark energies. Anyway, right behavior comes from people exercising self-governance, which moderators help us do.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
ssjones is one best moderators I have seen on any of the many forums I visit. He stands out as deserving high praise.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
They have shown great patience toward me when I need to ask something so I don't break rules, and have saved me a few times when someone tried to flame me.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The Mods here don't want any of you to know truth!! They are blocking most everything I say and edit my posts because they are in control!! They are dangerous and MUST be called out! THE TRUTH BELONGS TO EVERYONE! Fight the power!!!!
mods I was just kidding. Please don't make me go. :(

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
This forum does seem to be well (i.e. lightly but consistently and impartially) moderated. Mind you, I think the fact that this is a forum with an older membership and a somewhat unusual topic (technology for self-administering a calming, soothing drug, and high-quality versions of the drug itself) also has a lot to do with it. If this was a forum for adolescent gamers...

Status
Not open for further replies.