PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianhombre

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
Hey folks:
Going on a biz trip to NYC in a couple weeks, and wanted to get some recommendations for good tobacconists.
I'm planning a trip to Nat Sherman, and De La Concha. Any other suggestions?
Suggestions on places that allow pipe smoking as well?
- M

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I stayed at a hotel 1 block away from de la concha... Nice place, there also

Is Barcley-Rex I think they have 2 shops, the one by grand central station is really small... I bought my first "real" pipe there, they also have some good house tobacco!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Don't miss the cigar/pipe lounge at "Florios" on Grand Street in Little Italy. This is where the NY pipe clubs holds their monthly meetings. $10 for a pipe smoker (unless you buy cigars downstairs) and well worth that modest investment. They have a bartender, rather attractive I might add...

The lounge is upstairs from Florios and can be accessed by the side door just to the right of the main entrance. A wonderful atomosphere, packed with NYC FD and PD memorabilia.

Easy to reach, it is just between Little Italy and Chinatown. The B or D subway line stop is just one block east. It is in decent part of town and I had no worries walking by myself back to the subway stop at 10 PM on a week night.

The food isn't bad either with decent prices.

http://floriasnewyork.com/
Some pix:

Definitely post some feedback if you go, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

johnscs

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2009
Definitely try to pay a visit to Barclay Rex, De La Concha, and Nat Sherman! You won't regret it!

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Is there no longer a Dunhill store in NYC? I used to go in there quite often, upsatirs in the back they actually sold cigars and pipes!

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
You might be a piper... if you plan your trips around visits to the local B&Ms.
LOL! ...or trips to the mall, or groceries or gas...

Status
Not open for further replies.