Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
I must own a dozen tampers, the problem is they seem to be able to appear and disappear on their own. I was in my shop and looking for a tamper to no avail. So I went to my scrap box found a piece of stainless steel and a chunk acrylic and headed to the lathe. Hopefully this one won't go missing on me.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That's awesome!!! Love that look!! I used to own a Coffee Bar/Bar. I took great pride as a barista and always had my personal tamp on me. When I joined the pipe world, I always wanted to have a tamp made exactly like my espresso tamp but properly resized. Yours has a similarly machined appearance :) great job!!

Here's my barista tamp :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Cortez, it's for espresso. The grind makes such a fine powder that you have to create a smooth surface with tamp before exposing it to high pressure to create an even shot.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Nate, The way to achieve your goal is to make a tamper the same size / shape as your espresso tamper. Then taper it down to about 1/2". Then have a stand about the same size as your espresso tamper bottom portion. But have a hole drilled in the top of it, so the top portion fits into the hole.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol farmer, the thought of using it for tobacco never crossed my mind. I could commission M Parks to make me a pipe to fit my tamp.
Winton, know anyone who could do that sorta thing?

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I bet there is a briar big enough some where. A blowfish comes to mind."A blowfish that wil blow your mind".

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
OP I like a tamper that can tamp and take off a bottle top, yours fits the bill :)

Status
Not open for further replies.