New Study/Smoking Lounge 95% Complete (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Fellow pipe smokers, I'm incredibly fortunate and blessed to have my own smoking lounge in my home. This is something I've been excited about for a few months now. My old study was a long drafty den with very high ceilings. My fiancée and I decided to switch our offices as she needs a larger space, and I wanted a slightly smaller room.

Here was my old study:

And after more than 3 months of painting, installing new flooring, doors, and lighting, here is my new study at 95% completion!

​​

Here is the entire album if you want to see more: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/OrganizedMadman/library/Office%20Remodel%202015

So what to you think?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Inspiring! I like the fact that you've got a hatchet in the bookcase along with a few Stephen King novels..

Shine on!

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Yup, the floor lamp is home made. Saw one just like it on some snazzy interior design websight for $300+ and said to myself, "self, you could do that for about $40". And I did just that!

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Very cozy room, good place to unwind, the only thing missing is a fireplace!!

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
:clap:
What I like most about the man-caves of our fellow pipe smokers is that they look comfortable and are all seemingly relatively free of the abundance of cables that are tangling up most of the gaming-style man-caves.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Wondered what happened to the pipes, so I went to the photo album which gives a complete picture of what you have created. Great work all around in my book. Good for you.

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
As a newbie to the hobby I look at this and realize: I've got a lot of happy years ahead of acquiring and collecting lol very nice!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nicely done. I love the Cthulu door pulls.
One question though... How do you get those long stemmed clays off the rack?
-- Pat

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
The red walls are a bit much for me, but I love the new flooring. For the life of me I'll never understand why wall to wall carpet is so damned popular. It's an infernal and roguish design, and I am its confirmed enemy!
Ahem...nice room...

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
@dulgunz I actually had a (gel-fuel)fireplace planned for my original design, the flooring color was based on the color of the fireplace mantel, but in the end I didn't have enough room for it and my book case.
@pruss, the churchwarden racks are something I put together at the last minute, they hang in the lion head loops:

Oh yes, the pipes, I forgot to add the images to my original post!

Status
Not open for further replies.