PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I just saw an ad, now two, for the Pipe Nook. He's not listed over to the side. Does not have a ton of stuff, but prices are fairly commensurate with others.
Going to ask him, unless he answers here, if he can actually special order tobaccos, which you may recall, I brought up before about the number of places we buy from. Some tobaccos like Whitehall Black Tie are not sold all over.
Anyway, I wish the Pipe Nook luck and hope he chimes in.
David

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Eddie over at the Pipe Nook is a real nice guy. I follow him on YouTube. He tries to do his best to get what his customers want if he can. He's expanded his selection a fair amount over the last year. He's obviously a small outfit, but he's done well to expand over the last year.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
His prices on pipes are quite good. Funny that I may wind up with an MM Freehand, though. He also has permanent bits for them, so I may upgrade some. That freehand, btw, has been driving me nuts for a while. It looks like the shape of a briar I could ill afford. His Rossis and Savs look competitive, too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just so you know just how big those freehands are. :wink: BTW, they come with vulcanite stems.
img_20170921_020048-337x600.jpg

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Thanks, Chasing. I bought it and a spare bit to fit another MM I have. Also bought my first nice tamper. Cheaper than I have seen elsewhere. Shipping was 5.00, which works for me. It was a light order.
The top of the chamber on the freehand reminds me of the pipes I would see in the John Dengler Catalog here in Saint Louis when I was a teen. They cost a whopping 25$ back then. I love the rough top of chamber and rough shank. Maybe soon I will get a more expensive pipe when my TAD gets satiated
edit-he's within a quarter either way on the cobs. On the Rossis he may be a dollar or two higher. I only worry about that if it is per pound, not for single item. Looked like the Bing Sav was right on price

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The top of the chamber on the freehand reminds me of the pipes I would see in the John Dengler Catalog here in Saint Louis when I was a teen. They cost a whopping 25$ back then.
That's why I like them. Looks like a Danish freehand.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Thanks, Ken. Their ads are still showing in banners here, so I didn't think to post it.

Just woke up and got word my order already shipped.

Can't beat that.

eddiegray

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
Hi, Everyone! Eddie Gray here with The Pipe Nook. I really appreciate the interest and the kind words. Yes, I'm a new sponsor here at Pipes Magazine, and a newly registered member. In fact, this is my first post! The Pipe Nook is a labor of love that I began in early 2016, with a handful of Pipe Brands that I personally smoke and recommend. In early 2017, I also began carrying pipe tobacco, with the same driving philosophy. My goal is to be the "Virtual Brick & Mortar" for my "Virtual Pipe Club." The Pipe Nook idea was born out of seeing the last local pipe shop in my hometown close up shop after Christmas of 2015. I surmised there must be plenty of other small to mid-sized towns out there that are in the same boat...a handful of pipe smokers, and nowhere locally to buy pipes and tobaccos, or to hang out, share & learn new info, etc. The Pipe Nook strives to be that place in the online environment. I never intend for it to be a "Big Box" store, but rather to be a place that is informative and easily accessible to new and experienced pipe smokers alike.
Glad to be here! Let me know if you have any questions--and be sure to visit the site!

eddiegray

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
David, in regards to your question about Black Tie...I've done some digging, and although it may be made by Mac Baren (not sure), there is apparently now an exclusivity deal with the Whitehall brand and JR Cigars. I see that a few other online retailers do carry it, but they must either have set up a wholesale account with JR Cigars, or simply still have previous stock on hand from before JR Cigars obtained sole rights to it. Unfortunately, with me being a small retailer, it's not feasible for me to set up an account with JR Cigars, since they don't seem to have all that much that I can't obtain elsewhere. Sorry about that! As metalheadycigarguy said, I do try to get what my customers want, within reason. But sometimes, there are just too many hoops for a "small guy" like myself. Cheers!

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Eddie,

Is there a list of items you can order? Might be helpful. There are things I might not be in a hurry for, but would order say five or ten tins of something.
David

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
There are also banners on the "Pipe Babes" page.
Not that I spend much time over there. 8O

eddiegray

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
David, I know the brands I carry on the site are limited, but it's designed that way to be more new pipe smoker-friendly, and to provide a smaller, more concentrated assortment of what I personally consider to be solid, "stand-by" brands, lines, and blends. If you're interested in a pipe or blend within the brands that I carry, I can certainly special order anything within those brands. But I can also order a large assortment of brands through my distributors...so the shorter list would be items that I can't obtain. Unfortunately, Black Tie was one of those, as well as Esoterica and a few others. But if you want to check with me first, I would greatly appreciate the chance for further business from you! You can use the "Contact" form on my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.