PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a pipe nail and horseshoe nail user, but I have several Czech tools and one of these stainless steel marvels (not this brand but similar). They have that lovely heft and solidity. All I need is a pipe nail, but when I feel the need, these are a great addition to a bowl of tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a basic wooden handled single-blade carbon steel Laguiole folding pocket knife I bought in France out of the window of hardware store for a very reasonable price. I couldn't do their pipe knife, at current retail prices, since pipe tools can be misplaced ... except of course for a 92 cent pipe nail, which apparently because of its price never ever gets lost. But if you want to splurge on something, and still get your money's worth, a Laguiole anything is good. My wife has a cheese knife by them. Gorgeous, like everything they make, including my wooden handled pocket knife, which is signed by its craftsman. (Thank you, "David.")

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I use them. The Laguiole tool costs a bundle and is really nice. For the money, the Rogers tool is hard to beat.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
thanks for putting that Laguiole pipe knife in my head... found a briar handled one. Are they all that pricey?
also, metal golf tees are great!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I did admire the Roger's pipe tools when spc announced them for sale... but I've lost count on how many various pipe tools I have laying about hither and yon. THought I'd best put any remaining money into tobacco in preparation for the Pipepocalypse.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
I've been eyeing one of those Rogers' pipe knives but have yet to grab one.

I wish Victorinox would do a proper pipe knife, that would be very nice.
In the meantime I do fine with my SAK Pioneer or Case Doctor Knife.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My version is a Brebbia and cost about $12 at a pipe show, but I think you can find these for about $5. Some may be a little better finished and have a little more solidity. The heft is really pleasing.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
I have a kaywoodie branded one - I think it was made by Rogers.
20151227_113622_RichtoneHDR_zpsmebrglz2.jpg

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
thanks for putting that Laguiole pipe knife in my head... found a briar handled one. Are they all that pricey?
Yes. They're also very, very nice. In no world does anyone actually need one for their pipe, but they are very nice. I let myself get one after years of wanting one due to some good news. They also make a waiter's corkscrew and I have not even bothered looking at the price of those, I don't need or want to know, the pipe knife was frivolous enough.
I have a kaywoodie branded one - I think it was made by Rogers.
I had the same exact thing but it was stamped Ehrlich, a la the defunct shop in Boston. I have since lost it, but I think it's still around my house somewhere. I think I got it for $3 and it was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.