PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I made a couple of new pipe rests/stands this week and thought I'd share them.
photo_zps6694686d.jpg

I'm wondering if any of you might have some suggestions on designs or themes you'd like? Input greatly appreciated.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Greg I really used to like the rowel on spurs and like Dave says the one on the left reminds me of that, might try a western influence , just a thought. The old cajun

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thanks guys. I like the basket weave (one on the left), too. Lots of folks seem to like the one of a kind geometric patterns but I like more traditional. Bradly, I am definitely going to try to get some western influenced ones made; it's a small space for much "real" carving though. I just got a stamp made with crossed revolvers; I think that will make a nice one. Grandson is here this weekend and its too cold to work in the shop anyway so it'll be next week before I can work up anything new.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Greg, I've been waiting for you to put up another basket weave on Briarbid. I missed the last one so let me know when you put these up.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I bought one a little while ago, I am loving it. Very portable and easy on the finish of my smooth pipes. Now I don't have to worry about my pipes that don't sit winding up on the patio floor. You should see if PipesandCigars, 4Noggins, and the rest will put your product up under "pipe accessories" for sale.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't mean to bump this again but I can no longer edit my comment... I just realized that I can easily put this thing in my leather pipe carrying pouch right underneath my pipe (ontop of my tamper) if I unclip it, now I am really loving this thing, a normal stand would have no shot in fitting in it! Everyone should have one, that wants to be mobile.
As to design, I like the more complicated ones like that one in the middle, when I bought mine, the designs seemed a little simplistic and uninteresting. Of course I didn't buy it for the design, but something interesting and unique is always cool!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I sent a PM to mthanded a few minutes ago: The auction for these three is now live. I did get some extra photos to show them a bit better, however, my light source is down so the aren't "great" pics. They do give a good representation of them though. If you have questions or would like me to try to get better photos shoot me an email/PM.
EDIT

I forgot the link: New Pipe Stands on BriarBid.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thank you, Bob. Basket weave designs are some of my absolute favorites. They look so good on everything from wallets and belts to holsters and saddles and everything in between!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I have had a few inquiries about the traditional basket weave design which already sold. If you want that design go ahead and make a purchase and note to me you'd like the traditional basket weave; I'll then make one just for you. If you want a lighter color or something I'll do that too for the same price. This is an offer to my fellow forum members, not in the auction, so make sure you tell me who you are and you say it here! :puffy:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Had some time today and made a bit of progress on these lastest pipe stands so I thought I'd share what they look like now.
image_zpsf2945726.jpg

I have no idea what happened to the original image. :roll:

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I love the basket weave. Have you ever tried southwest bow tie designs? I don't have one of yours yet, but I will.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Trailspike, I like the basket weaves, too. I used one of the ones above to make myself a belt in fact.
I'm not familiar with the southwest bow tie design. Coukd you post a photo or link to an image?

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Four are listed on Briar Bid.

http://www.briarbid.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=100911
One of the larger ones with the crossed pistols is already gone, one will be available on eBay and the NRA one is there now.
EDIT

The crossed revolvers stand is also now listed on eBay. Both of the ones on eBay are larger, about 1.5 inches wide, to accommodate the larger stamped impression.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Greg, I got your stand in the mail and the quality and workmanship are outstanding. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.