PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
So I went antiquing with the girlfriend the other day, saw this and couldn't pass it up for the price. It spins for ease of selection and has the origional jar with a humidor stone on the lid. But now it sits on my shelf looking sad and lonely :rofl:
Doesn't look like it will be filled anytime soon, I didn't even need it. But want many times outweighs need! I just thought I would share my score.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Unfortunately even those are out of my price range :crying:
Returning college student = even more broke than I was before :rofl:

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Fine pipe rack--a true beauty. And do t worry if you don't have enough pipes to fill it up--in time you will. And by the way, corn cobs also fit in a pipe rack, and they're an inexpensive solution to keeping up a good rotation.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I actually prefer straight one sided racks so I can see all of my pipes at once, but I use those types of racks for estates waiting to be restored. Get some cheap beaters to put in it till something fancier comes along.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Very handsome rack indeed! (A comment like that could cost me my life in different circumstances :D. But what's an alternate place to put a pipe that's too large for a rack? My Nording rustic giant doesn't fit any rack comfortably. Use as a paperweight during rotation? A doorstop?

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the comments, I like that it spins for ease of getting to future pipes that are in the back. This rack encouraged me to fix some of my MMs I got in a grab bag when I fist started out. Out of the 10 less than half were smokable. Many had glue that was visible on the bottom of the bowl and that was a big no no for me and two had holes in them (one in the bottom and one was a n eaton that had holes in the walls) I took a sharp knife and chipped away at the glue the best I could and now have a few cobs that fit nicely in the rack. I will need to get some pipe mud or make up a slurry and patch the hole in the one if I want to use it though.
The rack still looks lonely though :rofl:

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
I've smoked most MM that have the glue visible at the bottom. Usually I just scrape as much of the glue as I can out of it, and then let some cake accumulate at the bottom or put some pipe mud over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.