PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
My first pipe related eBay purchase is an American Black Walnut rack by Yankee Clipper. Let's see if I can post photos. I'm on an iPhone and have read of people having difficulties posting from their album, which is what I'm about to try. Here goes.
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/13179/image.jpg
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/13179/image1.jpg
This is the best I can do. If I use the img button it shuts down the browser. And if I put the tags in myself it didn't work, either.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
image1.jpg

image.jpg

Success!! It worked with the img button, and I see that before when I entered the tags myself, I'd forgotten the / in the code.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love the old racks, nice! If your pipes don't quite fit (they were mostly made for smaller, straight stem billiards it seems), but the o-shape into a u-shape. Mine are all modified and fit 98% of my larger bent pipes.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Very nice! I have a few racks that were handmade in the UK.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
I got notification it's already on the way. She must have packed it as soon as she got my purchase info.
About it being made for Billiards, I thought of that when I saw it, but I couldn't resist. I think in time I'll have 6 pipes that fit. There's actually a couple other stands on eBay that are almost the same, but not quite. One seems slightly different in measurements (there were other photos for the one I got showing size) and the other has brass bolt caps or something on the top above the columns. So my guess is this design was popular at one time and various companies made lookalikes.
The Billiard must have been the majority of pipes when all of these old racks on eBay were made. The Billiard is what we saw on 1960s TV, in the U.S., anyway. Currently on eBay there's two racks that hold, I think it was, 20 pipes. Heavy walnut. Little ducks at each end. The holes in the top and scooped out sections below. Very cool, if you've got 20 pipes that'd fit. Two different sellers have the same looking rack.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
I've already reached four, and that happened like a wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.