PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Greetings all, myself and JAKEGOODMAN have decided that since the Charlotte area does not appear to have an active pipe club that we would attempt to get one going.
We will start out with an informal meet-up to get things going on Sunday Feb. 14 at 1pm. The location of the first meeting will be at JR Cigars smoking lounge in Mooresville.
We will be moving the meeting around so folks don't always have to drive across town, and those sort of details will be discussed in our kick-off meeting.
To get things going I'll bring a verity of tobacco to share/sample/discuss and if you would like to do the same feel free! I also plan to reach out to a local pipe artisan to see if he might come out and give a little talk and show his work - if he agrees I'll update you with his name (just don't want to put him on the spot before he agrees).
PM either of us if you are interested or just show up on the 24th. Hope to see you there!
Regards,

Bob Blood

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Wish you were closer. Would love to get a pipe club going in Asheville

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Tarheel1, shoot me a pm with your email address and I can at least put you on the distribution list - just in case you find yourself out our way or vise versa.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Greetings all, just a bump and a reminder that we will be holding our first Charlotte Area Pipe Club meetup this coming Sunday, Feb. 14th at 1pm.
JR Cigars

130 Consumer Square Drive

Mooresville, NC 28117

*Located at Exit 36 on the frontage road behind the Shell Station on the east side of the interchange.

www.jrmooresville.com
Basil Meadows from Red Dog Pipes will be joining us and will have examples of his work on hand. Really looking forward to having a chance to talk about pipe making with him and get his perspective - should be great!
I also plan to bring some tobacco for sampling - including new and 30+ year old Nightcap for sampling and smoking side by side - so anyone who cares to, can see first hand the effects time has had on this blend (especially on the Latakia).
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!
Oh, and if you are interested in the Charlotte Area Pipe Club and have not PM'ed me an email address, please do so and I will put you on our email list to keep you informed of happenings.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Starting a pipe club on Valentine's Day? That'll impress the women folk. Seriously, good luck to you. It takes a while to get things going but stick to it and ask the folks at JR tell their pipe customers about it. Have fun.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Just figured we would cut right to the chase and see who the hard-core pipers are in Charlotte - you show on Sunday and you are either a hard core piper, single or have a saint for a significant other. You decide with category you fall in to :)

jakegoodman

Lurker
Jan 13, 2016
Charlotte
It may come as surprise to my wife, but then again she is not much for Valentines day. I will find if that is true in a week or so. :puffy:

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
One more bump guys, sorry...
FYI, TobaccoPipes.com kindly sent us a box of goodies as a "club warming" gift for our first gathering - very nice of them indeed! We have plenty of tobacco samples to try / hand out and a few other items from them as well, so come on out and join us!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Valentine's Day isn't a holiday. Not a paid day off. It's just another way companies separate you from your money. But, glad to see you guys putting a club together.
Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.