PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Got a bottle of "Baijiu" from a work associate a few weeks back. I really tried but I couldn't like it, so I guess I have about a lifetimes work of pipe cleaning spirits.
null_zpsf92404ee.jpg

Baijiu (Chinese: 白酒; pinyin: báijiǔ, pronounced [pǎɪ̯ t͡ɕi̯òʊ̯]); Cantonese: bak jau, or shaojiu (燒酒) is a Chinese distilled alcoholic beverage. The name baijiu literally means "white liquor", "white alcohol" or "white spirits". Baijiu is often translated as "wine" or "white wine". However, it is actually a distilled liquor, generally about 40–60% alcohol by volume (ABV).

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I would not use that in my pipe if I were you -- it's made from sorghum, which when distilled, makes a molasses-like syrup. I think it could make quite a sticky mess in a pipe. To get the full authentic Chinese drinking experience, save it for a day when the temperature reaches about 110 degrees Fahrenheit, about the average temperature in many cities and parts of China in the summer, swig it down, and prepare for an afternoon of woozy, sweaty stupor. :oops:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
You'll see people's vapor trails as they walk by.
It's fun!
Seriously, I was introduced to this stuff in the Navy. It didn't go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.