PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Hey All,
Yesterday was my birthday and my lovely step daughter bought me a 12 pipe revolving pipe stand from Peterson. As I currently have 12 pipes in my regular rotation is was a perfect gift. I would recommend it for anyone who needs to store their pipes on a compact rack.
Here's three pictures for your enjoyment... :)
100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

100_0160.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
That is a nice rack and like you say, it doesn't take up a huge space...very nice and yesterday was my Birthday also....Happy B'day.. :puffpipe:

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
:) And a late Happy Birthday to you too Barkar, hope you also had a great day! Now I have this new rack, I have the two smaller ones I did use sitting empty. I feel a case of PAD coming on :puffpipe:

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I have seen that rack and others like it before. Didn't want to buy them because I wasn't sure how my pipes would fit into the holes.

Would you say that a uniquely shaped pipe might fit into that rack? It looks as if all of your pipes fit tremendously well.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks - as you can guess I was very pleased with it. It certainly could be used as a shop display stand and maybe one day I will have it filled up with Petersons (only ten more to go! :rofl:) but I've seen it for sale on a few UK sites.
As you can see in the pictures, I have a fair variety of different sizes and styles of pipes, from the tiny Peterson Calabash, to a quite large and sturdy Northern Briar's Dublin and from a MM Cob to a 1960s Jet Stream. Probably the "worst" fit is the Cob as it has a flat base. It's still secure, it doesn't look quite as "comfortable" as the others.
I should have posted a picture of each side and run a quiz to see who could name the most. Most shapes will fit well and I think it would take the vast majority of pipes, although I'm sure if you set out to, you could find a few that wouldn't. It seems well made and is a good weight but the central pillar still rotates easily on a Teflon washer. The major plus for me is its small footprint for a dozen pipes, which keeps Mrs Withnail a little happier and my life a little calmer.
Cheers

Withnail

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A very belated happy birthday. I love those Peterson pipe racks. I've been drooling over them for about a year now. Can't wait to get a few of my own. Congratulations and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.