PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
My fourth Peterson arrived today. All four are P-lips, with two being Systems. Without doubt my favorite marque. Perhaps my Savinellis are easier to break in, but there's something about Petersons for me. And I expect when I purchase another pipe, it will be another Peterson.
I knew the Kinsale line have large bowls - but I had no idea just how much tobacco it would hold. It would provide pretty much an all-day smoke if I packed it tight.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice!! I have been wanting to get one, just have not found one light enough yet.
Yeah, there is just something about their brand. They have their issues, some take forever to break in but they are nice pipes.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
A gorgeous Peterson you have there! I hope you get a lifetime of smokes from it.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
The Kinsale line is my favorite. Larger than avg bowl size, perfect engineering, way cool nickel/brass rings, and great hand-feel. I have both the smooth and rusticated, and for my taste, the rusticated is the nicest.
Congratulations!

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
The Kinsale line is my favorite. Larger than avg bowl size, perfect engineering, way cool nickel/brass rings, and great hand-feel. I have both the smooth and rusticated, and for my taste, the rusticated is the nicest.
Agree with everything you say here. One thing I did notice - it's not the best pipe for clenching, as it's fairly weighty. But since the bowl fits so well in hand, that's not a problem.
This one was an ebay purchase. Unsmoked, and the photos in the listing didn't do the pipe justice. I was able to negotiate a very reasonable price. So it didn't come with a Peterson box or sock - and I can live with that.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
One thing I did notice - it's not the best pipe for clenching, as it's fairly weighty.
Yes, as they are the inexpensive copies of the Sherlock Holmes line, big and chunky, a real handfull of brier. They are all XL, and only two or three of them are standard Peterson shapes, most are combination of shapes. The one you show I think is called the "Deerstalker" named after Sherlock Holmes quirky hat with two brims.
I do not clench, so it never enters my mind when shopping for a new pipe.
Anyhoo, enjoy the pipe!

bignben

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
I also just got a Kinsale recently, and yeah, I pretty much save it for a "special occasion" smoke! :lol:
BTW, is that a Sebenza there? 8O I've been drooling over one of those for quite a while!!!

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
BTW, is that a Sebenza there? 8O I've been drooling over one of those for quite a while!!!
Yes, it's a small Sebenza with Micarta inlay. Finest knife I own.

bignben

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
I've really been wanting to get one of their knives. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I've been stuck on Spyderco recently though!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on your new Pete! I like all of my Petes. No doubt, there's just something about a Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.