Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks, just ordered this:
002-034-8163.jpg

Stanwell: Pipe of The Year 2007 Partially Sandblasted (Denmark)
The Denmark-production Stanwells have an undeniable cache and aura about them, a product of a wonderful partnership of Danish designers, craftspeople, businessmen and the pervasive culture. The Italian-made Stanwells are all good pipes (I own several) but the magic just isn't there.
This was a nice find on the part of Smokingpipes. Thank you.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Not any more it seems.
Yipes! I think that there were four to choose from when I first spotted them.

These are moving fast.
I've decided that I'm not going to smoke this one. I'm just going to walk around with it, looking distinguished, pointing it at people.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Dang, I'm headed to the States next week and promised myself (and my wife) I would resist any temptations of PAD (great prices/free shipping). Can't give in! WON'T give in!!
So of course like some sad junkie I come here and click the damn link. Viewing the first page I thought, OK good looking Stanwells, especially some of those POTY (nice one, Woods). But nothing I really need....
So I clicked the second page...
And now I own this:

My Wife is Going To Kill Me
Always wanted me a HCA! Great price, too--not that my wife will give a rat's ass...I'm in big trouble

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Pipefish- I know the feeling all too well. I realized getting her something nice or doing something special for her helps to lessen the anger when she sees new pipes appear in the mail.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Piano--Yeah, I've tried that before...it worked the first half dozen times but not now. She even told me, "don't you spend any money on any stupid pipes or tobacco! You have pipes here you haven't even smoked yet so you don't need any more!" So l'm going to have to hide the damn thing in my luggage. If I can get it into one of my pipe racks without her seeing I'm home free 'cause she hates my pipe racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.