PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
It's always a treat to receive an order of tobacco that just happens to include tins with some age on them.
Just got an order from 4Noggins that, along with recent tins, included one tin of McClelland's Bombay Court from 2009. Nice.
Bob

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
That happened to me at a B&M. There was a tin of Escudo that had dust on it. I snatched it up and when I popped it open, I had the obligatory small amount of rust on the inside of the lid. The coins were dark and fruity and lovely. If I had to estimate, I would say there was about 4 or 5 years of age on that tin. Sadly, I smoked that last of it a couple of days ago. But I have more tins on the way. I will just have to age some myself.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
rmbittner, is that a "candlewax" pipe in your avatar? May I ask who the maker is?
thanks,
Rob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Rob:
Thanks for asking!
It's a Radice Underwood. Very similar to the Ascorti New Dear finish, which I also love.
Bob

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
I developed a desire for a candle wax pipe for Christmas smoking many years ago and had Paul Bonaquisiti make this for me just in time for Thanksgiving & Xmas, 1999..

My second "candle wax" idea came to me one day while visiting with Rolando Negoita and watching him do some silver work. He made this wind cap for me, I believe I had seen something like it done by Dunhill when they were doing great caps in the 1970's. The wax is sterling, the flame is 14k gold. The donor pipe is actually a pre-trans Barling that, while a great smoker, had been over buffed and re-stemmed so I wasn't worried about collector value.
Rolando's work is fantasic, but the silver work makes the pipe too top heavy to hold in one's mouth.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
I've had the pleasure of that happening to me when ordering from 4noggins as well! I got 2008 tin of drama reserve in an order. And actually, I'm sitting in Iwan Ries I'm Chicago right now, just bought a tin of 2009 Christmas Cheer! Was pretty happy to find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.