PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
So my wife has wanted to buy me a pipe for a while now, and she finally pulled the trigger one one. Apparently, she got tired of looking for a "pretty pipe" on Boswell's since she knows they are my favorites, and moved to eBay. She just told me she won me this Moretti. He calls it a freehand, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me could assess the shape. I love the grain on it, and the carving is beautiful. I don't yet own a paneled pipe, but I'm really digging it. Overall, it has a classy feel to it, but also a natural sort of feel. Can't wait to smoke it as it will be my first Moretti and my first real Italian pipe. Here are the pics from the Bay:

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Beautiful pipe, I have 2 and they are superb, Moretti is very approachable if you have questions, from now on leave the pipe buying to your wife. LOL
Yes, I suppose I should! She certainly had good taste. :rofl:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. It is an excellent gift. Your wife has great taste. I like the design that has been carved into the pipe. I am sure some of it was there originally but the carver added to it beautifully.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Hope it's a great smoker! I really like the octagonal shape; looks like she's earned some leverage for the honey do list. Just remember to cut the grass with a cob lol.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Wow! That's some lady you caught. Pipe is beautiful! My wife keeps asking why I have so many and I don't have enough!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Beautiful pipe, and as others have mentioned, a wonderful gift. Congratulations!
As to the shape, I'm far from an expert but couldn't that be described as a half bent panel billiard?
Hope it smokes as good as it looks,
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.