PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
A Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer shape? Cool! Have I not always said, smoking an MM cob makes me feel like Tom Sawyer? Fishing a stream with a cane pole and a straw hat. Huge cob fan here, and am lucky to have twenty of them.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The Huck Finn was previewed as part of the International Pipe Smoking Day promo giveaway at PipesandCigars:
It looks a bit like a unfinished Eaton, with the longer amber bit from a MacArthur:
photo2_zpsbe37042b.jpg

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
Thanks for this one. Cant wait to see the others. I am confused though, I thought the Eaton was unfinished. You mean it looks similar to the Eaton just with a longer bit?

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Oh yeah your right, the Eaton is unfinished. Its the Pony Express that is plastered and lacquered.
Yes, the Huck Finn is basically an Eaton with a much longer amber stem. Makes it into a kind of mini churchwarden. Mine also came with a mental screen, which I assume is for smoking other substances.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
The Mark Twain was fairly hefty -- think along the lines of the diplomat and great dane. I didn't look at it close enough to see if it had a wooden bottom, but my guess is it does. Imagine a dublin-esque cob -- there ya go. They can't get too creative or fancy and maintain low price/high value.
The Huck Finn is pictured, and the Tom Sawyer looks similar, maybe a bit smaller with a black mouthpiece rather than amber.
Also, the mesh screen is not for smoking "other things". One complaint about corn cob pipes is that if you remove the filter, you end up with bits of tobacco in your mouth. With the mesh screen, you can smoke without a filter and prevent bits of tobacco from moving up the stem.

rogermugs

Might Stick Around
Mar 10, 2013
I wrote MM on twitter and they sent me some pictures:

BnsBIEjIMAEIkKa.jpg

That's the Mark Twain.
Here, the longer one is the Huck Finn and the shorter one the Tom Sawer.

BnsCkTQIAAEiuDm.jpg

The two bottom ones just look like variations on the Eaton, but given that the Eaton is my favorite pipe MM makes....

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Gotta say I like the Tom Sawyer-- looks perfect for clenching while busy doing something else, yardwork, driving, whatever. That Twain, to me would be for sittin on the porch at the end of the day.....

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Those Twains are sharp. Hope they come in unfinished bowls too. I think they smoke better.

Status
Not open for further replies.