PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I stumbled accross this site in an attempt to identify a pipe that I had purchased. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. I wanted to go ahead and introduce myself. As of the time of this writing I have yet to smoke a pipe. A friend and I decided to give it a try instead of continuing the costly cigar nights that have become a weekly ritual. I have to say that I am psyched. I have spent the last week researching every aspect of the hobby that comes to mind, and scouring the internet looking for pipes. Silly as it sounds, the idea of smoking a pipe in the yard with my friends makes me feel like a proper gentleman. From what I have seen of the members here,that may not be far from the mark. Thank you all again ffor the warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know you all as much as I look forward to my first pipe.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Welcome aboard!!! You will find the members here more than willing to help you in your new endeavor!!!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Welcome welcome!
Maybe one day I'll understand the world of cigars. But not today!
Now about the subscription fee...

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I think ill hold onto it. If nothing else it has already got a nice story behind it.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome! While a good cigar is enjoyable for sure I feel pipes are much more versatile. Pipes add a whole new dimension to enjoyment of tobacco. Once you're done smoking you still have a piece of craftsmanship to hold in your hand and admire. Be it a corncob or the finest handmade it's all good. I think you will enjoy.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Welcome to one of the most friendly communities you're going to find. There are loads of great articles to keep you busy and a great source of advice and help should you need it.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
A new member to join the ranks! I too am new to the hobby of pipe smoking, the only difference between us is that I am leaving cigarettes and not cigars. Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I have so far.

I would have to agree with you when you say it might make you feel like a proper gentleman. Every time I light my pipe, novice or not, I feel much more sophisticated and proper.

Enjoy PAD and TAD as they affected me quickly! Happy pipe smoking friend! :puffpipe: :D

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I went out this afternoon and hit up the local antique shops and flea markets. The pickings were less than slim.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Welcome aboard....vast knowledge base here...people are terrific...look forward to your posts

Status
Not open for further replies.