PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Greetings all,
New member and recent regular pipe smoker. Used to have an occasional pipe or cigar. Last several weeks I started having cigars on a regular basis then tried the pipe again. Liked the pipe much better!
Starting off with some Tinder Box store blends which aren’t too bad, and were readily available. Looking to do some research here and order some new tins shortly. Will probably visit some good tobacco shops across the river in St.Louis in the next few weeks and check out the selection and possibly pick up another pipe or two!
BTW, my avatar was supposed to be Red One, but the site changed it. Oh, well, guess I’m redone now.
Jim

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome.
The pic posting and avatar set up are a bit non-intuitive. There is a separate avatar for the site home page and for the forum. You may have set up the main page avatar and not the forum. Just like many of us did at first.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Where are you at? Between Carbondale and Cairo? In junior high I was reminded that Cairo (pronounced Kayro by the residents) is further south than Richmond. I am in N.C. but grew up in a near-northwest suburb of Chicago.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Welcome aboard. Where are you at? Between Carbondale and Cairo? In junior high I was reminded that Cairo (pronounced Kayro by the residents) is further south than Richmond. I am in N.C. but grew up in a near-northwest suburb of Chicago.
I’m just about 15 minutes directly east of downtown St. Louis. Metro-East we call it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In journalism school, my wife and I both had a wonderful veteran journalist professor for reporting and, in my case, feature writing, named Tom Duffy, who had spent his own journalism career in East St. Louis and had wonderful tales to tell about his working life. He was a hero to many of his students, including us.

Status
Not open for further replies.