PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

majikat

Lurker
Mar 26, 2018
Hello: 20 year cigar guy now giving pipes a try. I have been reading quite a bit on acquiring and restoring estate pipes. I have found quite a few nice Peterson pipes as well as some Falcon and Viking Metal pipes that I find very interesting. As a cigar guy, I like very strong and spicy cigars. As a pipe guy, I'm leaning towards aromatics. I have haven't settled into a blend yet. I'm still trying everything out to see what I like. I'm open to all suggestions.
Cheers T.I. aka Majikat

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Welcome to the forums, majikat. Keep trying blends and asking questions here and I'm sure we can all steer you in the correct direction!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. I used to be a big cigar guy and am strictly pipes now. One blend that opened my eyes to how great pipe tobacco could be was Escudo. It is a Virginia Perique blend that has some spicy, fig and raisin like flavors. It comes in a coin cut so you will have to read up on how to prepare a flake tobacco. I either cube cut or fold and stuff my flakes. I would recommend learning the cube cut method first as you will get a more consistent burn. Fold and stuff takes some practice. You can read about both of them with a quick search of the internet or you might also go to Youtube and see some videos.
Here is a short list of tobacco that I think a cigar guy like you would like. All of these are readily available at smokingpipes.com, my favorite on line retailer.

Mac Baren Old Dark Fired

Capstan Blue Flake

Peterson Irish Flake

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Welcome from a fellow Coloradoan! Have fun exploring various pipe tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.