PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
Being a new member, this is my first post and obviously first time trying to upload a photo so hopefully it turns out OK. After smoking cigars for about 25 years, i have very recently picked up the pipe. In the 3 1/2 months since I began I have finally gotten a decent rotation of pipes collected and thought I would try to share a photo. My pipes so far include a Savinelli: Alligator Brown 315KS (the first pipe I bought), Luciano: Sandblasted Bent Dublin with Bamboo, Mimmo Provenzano: Sandblasted Billiard with Bamboo, Stanwell: HC Anderson Sandblast Model 1-9, an unnamed pipe made in Israel that my Brother gave me to get started, and my latest aquisition - a Mimmo Provenzano Smooth Poker. Hopefully the photo I have attempted to attach to this post will show the pipes I have just described.
fullsizerender-600x449.jpg

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
That's a great start. Pretty soon that collection will grow larger and larger..........ask me how I know.. :lol:

Welcome to the forums- love that screen name too, one of my all-time favorite albums is "John Barleycorn must Die", from Traffic!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The huntsman, he can't hunt the fox,

Nor so loudly to blow his horn,

And the tinker he can't mend kettle nor pot,

Without a little Barleycorn

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
AWESOME Collection!!! Starting a pipe collection is like getting just a little pregnant... or so she tells me. Congrats!!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
How do you like the draw on those Mimmo pipes? I had to open mine up as smoking it made me feel like I was an imperial captain that had disappointed Darth Vader.

BTW nice pipes.

Dec 28, 2015
Have not noticed any draw issues except when I was smoking Gawith flakes in the morta billiard. And I think that had more to do with the wet flakes than the pipe. Have only smoked the poker twice but so far it smokes great.

Dec 28, 2015
Have not noticed any draw issues except when I was smoking Gawith flakes in the morta billiard. And I think that had more to do with the wet flakes than the pipe. Have only smoked the poker twice but so far it smokes great.

Dec 28, 2015
After a few more bowls I can say absolutely no issues with the draw on the Mimmo poker. It smokes wonderfully. The morta billiard on the other hand has a somewhat restricted draw. And now it has gotten into my head and is making me avoid it. Going to have to work through that I suppose.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Johnbarleycorn, your Israel no name pipe is likely made by Shalom Pipes. I was recently informed they were the only pipe makers there.
You a Tull fan perchance?
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.