PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I have only been smoking pipe now for 6 months and have only been smoking aromatic shop blends. Does anybody have a favorite tobacco that they started with?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I have been smoking for 4 months but have learned a great deal from the wise gentlemen on these forums.
My favorite backy right now would have to be Shorcut to Mushrooms.
Creamy Earthy Sweet Heaven. Good luck on your quest for the best. :puffy:

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Three parts Captain Black regular and one part Sir Walter Raleigh is my favorite "go to" smoke - I use it almost as a palate cleanser between my other varieties.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome Aboard, Frennchy.

I wouldn't recommend the blends I started with to anyone. :P
If you have a brick and mortar store that you go to - and it seems that you do - talk to someone who works there. What else do they offer? How can they guide you? :puffy:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome ! As a cigarette smoker I started with burley mild. Still smoke it although I really love 1-Q and Kendal's Kentucky right now

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Welcome. I started with the OTC brands, Cpt Black, Borkum Riff, Half & Half. I have expanded my taste but, I still smoke these old favorites.
That avatar looks just like Lawrence! :rofl:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Welcome to the forum. I started out with CBW,now I can't stand the stuff. Smoke mostly OTC burleys with some VA's now and then.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I believe it was Captain Black and the pipe had a filter . The year was 1984 . Find a blend that pleases you not someone on a forum . And have fun . The thing about bad tobacco is it makes a good blend taste better .

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
I would suggest you pick up a tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. You will open the tin and think, "what the hell is that stench?". Then you will smoke a bowl and you may not go back to aromatics again. Welcome to the forum. :puffy:

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
welcome mate, i smoked otc's for 15 yrs and only started gittin better baccy recently so i best not recommend anything, lots of other folks hereabouts r better qualified

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
The second pipe tobacco I tried was Mac Baren Royal. After Captain Black white, MB Royal convinced me I liked pipe smoking!
If you have a blend you like look at the discription. Then go to tobaccoreviews.com and try a search in the "advanced search" (top right)with the words in the discription of the tobacco you enjoy. That should give you some things to check out.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com

mikemacrdlnds

Dec 21, 2011
When I started in 1969, I think it was Amphora Red, Borkum Riff, and Cherry Blend. That was about all that was available in the PX.

Status
Not open for further replies.