PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbaldy

Lurker
Jul 26, 2012
Hi there, Oldbaldy is my monniker and Dave Kostel is my votin'name. At 78, I'm probably one of the older members, but I'm new to this forum. A number of you have already made me feel welcome. Thanks.

Had my first pipe smoke at about age 16, but didn't take it up seriously until about age 20 while in the military. Over the years, it became an on and off pleasure. After getting to retirement age, I happened to come across a box of my old favorite pipes; the finding was nostalgic, and they still smelled good. That day I made a trip to Bob Hill's pipe shop in Yankton, S.D. and picked up a few ounces of his recommendation, Mr. Q. Being retired I was free to make smoking my favorite pipes a nearly full time activity. I even set up my own mancave. I became acquainted with the online Smoker's Forum and made a number of fine friends. Learned much about pipes and tobaccos, and even got into the hobby of restoring estate pipes to add to my string. Unhappily, I had to give up my pipe about two years ago. But now with that out of the way, I'm back to enjoying my smoke. Browsing the net, I came across this site. And now I'm looking forward to new associations with fellow pipesters.

I am now living in the foot hills of the Rocky Mtns near Estes Park CO, and enjoying life. Best Regards, Dave

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Hi Dave and Welcome to the Forum!!!!
You will find the greatest bunch of people on the internet here always ready to help in most any way they can.
Used to love that campground just inside the park from the Estes Park entrance....... :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Welcome! You will find plenty of current and former servicemembers here and thank you for yours! You will also find some ladies and gents who LOVE to smoke pipes! :puffy:

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
oldbaldy,
Welcome Aboard. We're happy you found us. Smoke your pipe and participate. You are among a very special bunch of people on this Forum. You will like your new home. Of that I am sure!
Captain Bob

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.