PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
its So pretty,,, I don't want to tarnish it... If I knew how to post a pic I would.. But how do yall take care of your meers?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have a series of video's on my YT channel about meerschaum pipes. It's not concrete information, but its how I smoke and how I care for my pipes. You may find it very useful.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDcCB6X5NWRqYWyvpgLNbiC9Yj2v2bs0Z

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, (including this site's album) such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I clean my meers each Sunday with the rest of the pipes I've smoked the previous week. No cake needed nor wanted in my meerschaums so, they get a quick scrape in the bowl, down to meer. The stem/bit gets reamed until the cleaners come out clean. That's it. My newest meer is thirty-five plus years old and coloring nicely.

The routine is: After they are smoked they sit in an ashtray until the next night or Sunday. I irregularly rotate between eight meers, each pipes getting three or five smokes each night for one night or a couple of nights. There is no rhyme nor reason to selection each evening. One of the reasons I love meers is a pipe can go all day and next or, more and still proved a great smoke.

I've never had the original wax disappear, even after fifty years of hard use so, never had a reason to add wax. Mine are old pipes and perhaps manufacture methods differ now. I did go through the "wax aids in coloring" phase many years ago. Anecdotal evidence said I was simply adding wax and the color of the wax. But, that is anecdotal.

In winter, if house=bound, a meer might get eight or ten bowls smoked in a day if it's the first selected pipe in the morning. Meers for me are normally an in-the-house choice. Briars are smoked inside and out. Cobs are mostly during hard labor outside or fishing.

Posted 2 days ago #

Status
Not open for further replies.