PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
My new pipe should be arriving tomorrow.. meerschaum horn..
Any advice on this? hell im new to briars, this is crazy new... thanks all

Jan 8, 2013
Here's what I do with my meers.... Immediately after smoking, I corkscrew a paper towel into the chamber, flip the paper towel inside out and do it again. Then I run a few pipe cleaners through the stem and into the shank. I wipe the pipe down with a microfiber cloth and return it to it's case. I do not clean my meers with alcohol like I do briars, I seen evidence on this forum of terrible discoloration in a meer because of alcohol. I do use it on the stem alone, but rarely. Other than that, I load them up and smoke them, sometimes multiple times a day, multiple days in a row.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'mutt, I've been on Forums a few years and smoked pipes on and off for decades, but I was just given a Meerschaum estate pipe by an generous fellow member. I just smoked it for the first time after years of briars, a few other woods, and cobs. Meer is an interesting and unique experience. The word I have found that describes it is that Meers clarify blends in a special way. I think the material interacts somewhat less with the burning leaf, so you get the blend distinctly and nothing else. I don't mean that the briar and cob are burning, it is just a distinct experience. You'll tell the difference from the beginning. I've come to it many years on in pipe smoking.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Thanks guys,
mso489, Since I became a pipe smoker. ( a couple months ago ) I have been stalking the forums, trying to gain knowledge, and make sure I'm not doing something insanely stupid. Your posts have been very helpful in my journey! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.