PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Sitting on my bench for the past year have been these three lil old Yello bulldogs. They are old store stock. Brand new never smoked...but just the saddest lil pups you ever wanted to see. I bought them to because I knew they would clean up nice. But sonething always gets moved in front of the line when I'm doin pipe stuff.
Tonight I just got tired of lookin at them.
IMAG0657-1.jpg

The bands were broken and rotted. The finish was splochy and they had been banged up and kicked around for decades so they had some chatter and scratches but structurally they were fine.
Removed the bands and then bobbed down the stummels a bit so stems could fit flush.
IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0664-1.jpg

Then an accetone dip and hand sand from 220, 400, and then 800 to get rid of the scratches and chatter from getting kicked around for decades.
IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

Quick trip to the wheel with some polish, and then a nice carnuba and shined up like lil champs.
IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0686-1.jpg

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Nomenclature has the Clover so I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong but they date between very end if the 1930s till about mid 50s when the got rid of the clover.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nicely done. Those briars must be aged to perfection by now. That's a shape and style of pipe that is

always pleasing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yellow Bole still makes briar pipes, although some sites only seem to carry Brylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.