PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2018
Well, I started about 3 months ago around the end of February. I went to my local brick and mortar, picked up a MO meerschaum apple diplomat with a Czech tool, some cleaners, 2 oz of a cherry vanilla aromatic, and a box of matches. I must have had 20+ relights because I didn't know what I was doing besides lighting tobacco and trying to puff away... boy do I laugh now. Now, I've built a 28 spot pipe rack that I need to expand to accommodate my expanded collection of cobs and briars. I have gotten to try over 30 different tobaccos both aromatic and non aromatic. I still have a soft spot for cherry aromatics, but after expanding my pallet, I also enjoy VA-Per. I've had a lot of fun getting this far and look forward to the many years to come.
I'd love to learn more and become a better pipe guru, because I've had a couple of friends join me in starting pipe smoking. A pair of them even came over from cigar smoking and do both and have got me occasionally smoking cigars. Pipes are still better in my opinion, because of the range of choices, not just in tobacco, but in pipes and accessories as well. I do respect cigars for their different flavors, but very little compares to the blends I've smoked so far. And I have still yet to crack open my tins of Black House and Magnum Opus from Hearth and Home. Although, no English/latakia mix will ever be the same after smoking bow legged bear. Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the discussions.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome papabear, I also got bit by the pipe bug about three months ago while visiting a local B&M. I have learned a lot from everyone in the forums. A very welcoming group.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy,papa-b, from upstate SC! Glad to have you! Just jump in anywhere, & any questions you have, absoLUTEly fire away! Asking questions around this joint is like asking people if they have pictures of their grandkids; you'll barely be able to get the words out of your mouth! :)

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums! It's quite the lively bunch here! Now you've gone and said it, but didn't provide any pictures...we're gonna have to dock you at least one briar and a really nice tin of tobacco...or just post the pics of that lovely rack and what you have to store in it. Happy smoking and welcome aboard!

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Hi! Make sure to stop by the next GKCPC meeting June 21st at 8pm at Cigar & Tabac in Overland Park. We're going to have a magician that night as the program. We have some extremely knowledgeable club members and even a pipe maker or two 8)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin, Texas.
I worked a few months in KC a few years ago. I'd like to get back some day and check out that WW1 museum.
We're going to have a magician that night as the program.
Be careful! The trick might be making your tin of Bow Legged Bear disappear! :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

Jun 4, 2018
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to attend the pipe show if my work schedule allows and same for the GKCPC meeting. My B&M that got me started was Cigar & Tobac, so I'm pretty familiar with it. I'll have to see about getting a few pics up to "show I'm not bluffing" so to say. I just need to get a couple of things on the rack organized before a photo shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.