PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
New to pipe smoking and learning fast!! After chapped lips and a few burn tongues lol I found y’all

Started with some expensive store bought aromatic called sugar mountain and loved the taste not the price

. So I went to the smoke shop and got some Prince Albert and a bag of smokers choice black cavendish and mixed my own!! It tastes better yet very close to the sugar mountain and at a fraction of the price!! Looking forward to learning more!!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana.

You didn't tell us which part of Tennessee you are in. If you are in the eastern part of the state, then you have a good shop in Gatlinburg named the Gatlin-Burlier. It's a very friendly shop where they invite you to pack a bowl and light up. Very knowledgeable people working in there when I visited.
There are at least two shops in the Johnson City area. Shamrock Beverage is a small shop downtown but when I visited this summer, the guys behind the counter were friendly and were able to answer my questions.
Another one I've heard about but didn't visit was Libation Station in the Johnson City area.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the forum. I'm new to pipe smoking also, and learning a lot here.

Jul 4, 2018
Welcome from Nashville! Try sipping on a glass of water when you smoke. It will definitely help minimize the tongue bite till you get your cadence down.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Pappymac is dead right. Gatlinburlier is great. My favorite shop. Ira & his staff are great folks. You can find them in the Mountain Mall. They do a good mail order biz too.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
Welcome
Stationed at Ft Campbell but currently smoking in Afghanistan
Where are you in TN?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome.
Make time some day to visit Pete and company at BriarWorks near Nashville. They are a nice bunch.
jay-roger.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
If you are around Knoxville, drop in to Smoky's Tobacco and Cigars. Great place. Lots of pipes and tobaccos. Walk-in humidor loaded with cigars. Nice cushy leather chairs. Dave, owner, is a great guy and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.